13:56 PM, 13th August 2021, About a month ago 8
Are you aware that Ealing are proposing to extend and enlarge their existing licensing schemes? At a recent boisterous virtual meeting, the council outlined their plans, ending that there was a consultation period which is going to end on Monday August 16th at midnight.
As many of the landlords present had only just heard of the proposal, there was a request to push back the end date by a month – but this was refused.
If you have an interest in Ealing, we strongly suggest you complete the consultation to be found at – www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/0HP00S/
iHowz Landlord Association will be holding a virtual public meeting on Monday August 16th, commencing 7:00. Details can be seen on the meetings section of the web site www.iHowz.uk.
The main questions we want answers to are:-
• If the previous schemes were unsuccessful, why extend them for another 5 years?
• If the previous schemes were successful, why extend them for another 5 years?
• What did the previous scheme achieve? Ealing claim various statistics, but don’t appear to have any documentary evidence.
• Ealing won’t reveal how was taken from the last scheme, but it must be between £8 – £10 million. What was it spent on?
• Similarly, what will the increased amount for the new scheme be spent on?
• If a landlord already has a licence; has been inspected and no problems were found, why do they need to pay for another licence?
• What else are they doing, apart from licensing to tackle these claimed problems?
And there are many mote questions to be asked.
Come to the meeting on Monday to discuss further. Details can be seen on the meetings section of the web site www.iHowz.uk.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
Previous ArticleDWP - overpayment of a deduction?