Brexit Party ContractMake Text Bigger
In the interests of impartiality we have included the Brexit Party Contract in our series of manifestos for the major parties. Click here to download the Contract.
Details of policies that directly affect the Private Rental Sector are a bit thin on the ground, but this is probably a good thing these days.
Exempt from Corporation Tax those 1 million companies with profit before tax of under £50,000
Zero rate Corporation Tax for the first £10,000 of pre-tax profits: one million companies – some 66% of the total number – pay less than £10,000. This represents just 6% of Corporation Tax take in 2019; £3.4bn. Total cost £5.1bn per year.
Abolish Inheritance Tax (IHT). This hated ‘grief’ tax raises less than 1% of total tax revenue. It is ‘double taxation’ on a lifetime’s assets, levied at a time of family distress.
We need to simplify the planning and development processes to encourage small and medium sized developers, accelerating the pace of development to increase housing supply. We pledge to:
• Simplify planning consents for Brownfield sites.
• Change the funding model to make it easier for councils to borrow from central government to build council houses.
• Accelerate infrastructure grants funding to kick start schemes of marginal viability.
• Change the process for outline planning consent.
• Introduce more flexibility on the size and type of units as part of a development.
• Allow more flexibility in the number of affordable homes within a development scheme.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.