Property118 Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.property118.com
(“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;
||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
||Means Property118 Ltd , a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.
- Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Property118 Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.
- Our VAT number is 990 0332 34.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Neil Patterson, and can be contacted by email at email@example.com, by telephone on 01603 489118, or by post at 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Your Rights
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- What Data Do We Collect?
- Date of birth;
- Address and post code;
- Business/company name and trading status;
- Number of properties owned;
- Accountants details;
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Proof of residence and ID;
- Financial information such as income and tax status;
- Landlords insurance renewal dates;
- Property Portfolio details such as value and mortgage outstanding;
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Supplying our products and or services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring our products and or services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all emails;
- Analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience;
- Provide information to our partner service and product suppliers at your request.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and or telephone with information, news and offers on our products and or We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- Member profile information is collected with your consent and can be amended or deleted at any time by you;
- Anti-Money Laundering information and tax consultancy records are to be kept as required by law for up to seven years.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our site and submitting information to Us. If we do store data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Do We Share Your Data?
- We may share your data with other partner companies in for the purpose of supplying products or services you have requested.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- How Can You Control Your Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, we aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 14.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a cookie prompt requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first party Cookies and block third party Cookies.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below in section 13.5. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 13.9, but please be aware that Our Site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie
||Used only to collect performance data, with any identifiable data obfuscated
||This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics and Facebook. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products AND/OR services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following Cookies:
|Name of Cookie
||First / Third Party
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmz
||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website
||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Contacting Us
13:15 PM, 14th November 2017, About 5 years ago
I have been a private landlord for over 15yrs and started off with a few properties owned in my sole name while working full-time, getting help from my wife and family members to keep up with the management of the properties etc. 2yrs ago my brother decided he wanted to get into property ladder and asked if we could work together and possibly buy more properties and build a portfolio together. We embarked on the journey despite the doom and gloom around the industry of section 24 and all the other tax changes coming in soon. I knew that we needed to plan ahead and get a clear picture of our tax position as we move forward. I had come across property118 on google and followed it for about a year and continually felt Mark was a genuine property person, always thought outside box and explained things in a jargon free, straightforward, honest and practical way compared to many other sites and forums I had come across. Before approaching Mark I initially paid and consulted with a few local so called professionals in property, but they either talked complete jargon and it went over my head or they just concluded to wait and see approach. I eventually decided Marks fee was worth paying and I took the plunge and booked my 1st consultation. Best payment to a professional person I have ever made! I have since taken his advise and decided on the Partnership route with my brother and wife. I have subsequently consulted with Mark on 2 further occasions to pick his brains. He is a lovely chap, with a great team around him with vast experience in the property industry. I would not hesitate to recommend his website or his consultation service. I wish Mark and his team continued success in every walk of life and cannot thank them enough for there help, advice and support to myself and many other landlords out there. I just need to find a way to present Mark with a bottle of bubbly, but I'm having difficulty while he is in Malta 🙂
11:31 AM, 15th November 2017, About 5 years ago
We recently booked a consultation with mark and it turned out to be one of the best investments we made as not only he has been very patient and helpful but he continued to help us after the sessions when we encountered difficulties and needed someone to bounce up ideas or point us to the right direction. Thanks Mark!
22:01 PM, 15th November 2017, About 5 years ago
I recently booked a consultation with Mark to advise me on the most tax-efficient way to manage my properties and I'm so glad I did. Mark was professional in the way he provided his advice and promptly answered any questions I had. I found him very helpful in clarifying a number of follow-up points I had for which he was kind enough not to charge me extra for his time. I greatly appreciate his excellent advice for me to set up a partnership with my wife to manage my properties. I highly recommend his services and will call on him again in the future.
13:56 PM, 10th April 2018, About 5 years ago
Just a quick note to say a huge thank you to Mark Alexander and Mark Smith for helping my wife and I through the incorporation of our portfolio before the end of the tax year.
Particularly to Mark A, who had so much patience responding to our numerous questions and understanding our goals to make sure that the strategy matched our aspirations.
As well as saving us tax on Section 24, we'll save even more on Capital Gains when we sell our properties, which was an unexpected and very lucrative bonus.
20:12 PM, 11th April 2018, About 5 years ago
I have been an avid reader of the Property 118 website for quite a few years and have been impressed at the openness, honesty and depth of knowledge of the 118 team. When Section 24 appeared, much to the incredulity of landlords, I knew that Mark and his professional team would have a calm, sensible overview.
When the enormity of the tax implications became ever clearer I sought a consultation with Mark as, approaching retirement I could see my financial plans being sorely tested.
Mark provided a detailed written analysis of my situation that clearly showed substantial financial gain by following his recommendations. I, without question, would recommend a consultation with him to anyone unsure, concerned or just seeking answers to their tax situation.
21:12 PM, 13th April 2018, About 5 years ago
The best £400 I have ever spent in my life !!!!
I recently arranged to have a tax consultation with Mark. I of course needed to supply him with details of my portfolio, which meant completing a spread sheet for the first time in my life. He said it would be straightforward and to my surprise it was. I have just received his report. I’m gobsmacked, utterly amazed because the report is beyond my wildest dreams, fully comprehensive and the amount of detail is unbelievable.
His knowledge of current tax legislation and suggested methods ( all legal ) of ways to keep my hard earned money rather than give it to the government is, I feel, unlikely to be obtained anywhere else.
In addition to this he then rings me at an agreed time ( he was in fact two minutes late in ringing ), we have a 30 minute chat, me listening most of the time totally amazed at his knowledge. He then sends me comprehensive information regarding IHT planning based on my personal situation. He then also refers me to a barrister at no extra cost! ALL OF THIS FOR £400 it must be worth £1000’s!!!
I believe any landlord with a property portfolio ( small, medium or large ) would benefit enormously from booking a tax consultation with Mark
Thank you Mark
13:01 PM, 24th April 2018, About 5 years ago
I threw hundreds of questions at mark via email and over the phone during our unplanned first discussion, he skilfully answered everything and paved the way for a clear discussion the second time around. I am the type of person that likes to know everything and Mark's ability to negotiate around my unique situation had made both of us curious. He has come up with solutions and ideas and put my mind to rest on many issues I have been having sleepless nights about. I would not hesitate to recommend him based on all my interaction with him thus far, bring on the next recommended specialist proposed by Mark for wills and IHT, trusts etc !
17:34 PM, 1st May 2018, About 5 years ago
Very happy with Mark and all his advice. He had a way of getting directly to the point and cutting out all the "dead wood" thus leaving just the issue at hand. I will certainly be using his Consultancy for some further advice on a number of other matters. His wealth of experience means he can give you bespoke advice on your particular issues. Best of luck Mark.
16:40 PM, 16th July 2018, About 5 years ago
Reply to the comment left by Glenn Ackroyd at 10/04/2018 - 13:56
Glad to see that you and your wife have taken the Incorporation 'plunge' recently as we are just about to very shortly.
Last time we emailed you were just an International Gigolo so welcome back to real life.
10:39 AM, 20th July 2018, About 5 years ago
I have incorporated using the advisers recommended by Property118, as have a few friends / business partners. Property118 has saved my Lettings business. Thanks for a great site packed with switched on property professionals