Property118 Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.property118.com
(“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;
||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
||Means Property118 Ltd , a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.
- Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Property118 Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.
- Our VAT number is 990 0332 34.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Neil Patterson, and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 01603 489118, or by post at 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Your Rights
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- What Data Do We Collect?
- Date of birth;
- Address and post code;
- Business/company name and trading status;
- Number of properties owned;
- Accountants details;
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Proof of residence and ID;
- Financial information such as income and tax status;
- Landlords insurance renewal dates;
- Property Portfolio details such as value and mortgage outstanding;
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Supplying our products and or services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring our products and or services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all emails;
- Analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience;
- Provide information to our partner service and product suppliers at your request.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and or telephone with information, news and offers on our products and or We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- Member profile information is collected with your consent and can be amended or deleted at any time by you;
- Anti-Money Laundering information and tax consultancy records are to be kept as required by law for up to seven years.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our site and submitting information to Us. If we do store data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Do We Share Your Data?
- We may share your data with other partner companies in for the purpose of supplying products or services you have requested.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- How Can You Control Your Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, we aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com, or using the contact details below in section 14.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a cookie prompt requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first party Cookies and block third party Cookies.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below in section 13.5. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 13.9, but please be aware that Our Site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie
||Used only to collect performance data, with any identifiable data obfuscated
||This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics and Facebook. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products AND/OR services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following Cookies:
|Name of Cookie
||First / Third Party
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmz
||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website
||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Contacting Us
10:34 AM, 22nd April 2017, About 6 years ago
I have been worrying about my tax situation for months and keep reading the case studies and strategies shared on Property118 but none of them quite fit my own circumstances. My partner and I are both high rate tax payers but only own a few properties. Last night I decided to contact Mark Alexander for a Consultation and we spoke for just under an hour this morning. It's like the fog has cleared, I now know exactly what I need to do. Thank you Mark
17:14 PM, 28th April 2017, About 6 years ago
We offer a good service to students in our local area and have high levels of referrals. We have over 15 years experience in this sector, so it was a shock, after the government announced its changes, to realise it may not be worth continuing. We found Mark through an article in the Daily Mail. On looking at this website we could see that here was someone who knew exactly what they were talking about and trying to help others. Other advisors, most of whom were recommended by the NLA or advertising with them, had tried to get us to pay large amounts of money with very little information forthcoming before asking us to commit which is why we had no hesitation in paying the very reasonable £400 consultation fee with Mark. The spreadsheets and information he sent are very informative and helpful. The telephone session was also illuminating. We are going to work with Mark and our accountants. Instead of thinking of scaling down in light of the changes we now hope to move forward and grow the business.
14:27 PM, 5th May 2017, About 6 years ago
My wife and I have also found incorporation, tax reliefs and benefits very confusing. However, thanks to our personal consultation with Mark, things are so much clearer, and most importantly, Mark has instilled so much confidence in us with his expert knowledge and friendly manner, that we have already taken action on the next step in our journey towards incorporation. Prior to the consultation, Mark requested minute details about our tax position, portfolio structure and other matters, to ensure he could customise his recommendations to us personally.
He put a lot of work into this as was evident from his detailed report. we now have a road map set out ahead of us now.
Big thanks Mark 🙂
12:01 PM, 9th May 2017, About 6 years ago
My wife and I were seriously considering incorporating our property portfolio and following a meeting at Baker Street with Mark Alexander and Mark Smith speaking to us we have paid Mark Alexander founder of Property 118 £400 to give us further advice. This information was extremely helpful and Mark Alexander has promptly answered ALL our difficult questions and there were plenty! We have a better understanding of incorporation and Beneficial Interest Company Trusts (BICT) and are now moving on to the next stage in the process. We thoroughly recommend anyone with a portfolio of properties who needs professional advice on the benefits of incorporating to contact Mark Alexander for good sound, prompt advice. Best tax planner we have met to date. Thank you Mark.
10:23 AM, 17th May 2017, About 6 years ago
Like so many other Landlords I have been pondering the longterm effects of the Section 24 Tax changes to me personally. I ruefully came to the conclusion that for the first time ever I would have to pay for some advice. Mark struck me as an individual who has walked the walk rather than just talk the talked so it was an obvious choice for me to sign up for one of his consultations. I took the opportunity of meeting with Mark whilst on holiday in Malta. The meeting was relaxed and one key question was answered.... to incorporate or not right now. A stratetgy for the future was discussed and that has now moved on to the implementaion phase. In passing Mark pointed out one small and obscure error in my annual tax return accounting practices (Thankfully the error had only been short term but would have gone on much longer if not spotted). It won't be many years before a correction to that error will pay for the consultation and the weeks holiday in Malta. So all in all, largely thanks to Mark I am feeling pretty comfortable with the tax changes ahead and how to deal with them. Thank you Mark.
16:26 PM, 19th May 2017, About 6 years ago
I booked a consultation with Mark after hearing him speak at the Baker Street Property Meet a few weeks ago. He is an excellent speaker and I was really inspired by his no nonsense commercial approach to the topics covered and subsequent Q&A session. I had read all of the articles posted on P118 regarding tax changes and potential restructuring options multiple times prior to booking a session with Mark. I would certainly recommend you also do this as it means you can get the most from his expertise and really get into the nuances of your situation. He fully assessed my needs and regularly checked my understanding throughout the session. I came away with a very clear understanding of the next steps in my property career and exactly how I could implement the proposed changes. I’ve used the P118 team to implement some of my next steps already and highly recommended them to other investors.
Thanks to Mark, Neil and Mike for the advice and running such a slick operation. Keep up the great work.
21:57 PM, 24th May 2017, About 6 years ago
I had no hesitation in booking a consultation with Mark Alexander and it was very good value for money. The key to his approach is to bring different aspects of the path together to line them up so that it is easy to navigate. After initial email consultation, he will let you know if he can help you or not. So it is risk free..
I have no hesitation recommending him.
I am now liaising with my accountant and may need some clarifications as my accountant seems to need some help !
6:10 AM, 8th June 2017, About 6 years ago
After spending quite some time thinking about the options of whether to incorporate our business or not, we decided to book a consultation with Mark Alexander. We already knew Mark from the West Brom case where they were wrongly hiking interest rates on our tracker mortgages and we joined the action group via Property118 to take them to court. We were over the moon to hear that they went on to win the case and West Brom had to repay over £27 million to landlords for overpayments and interest on top. We personally received a five figure sum from West Brom back to our bank account. Thank you Mark and your team!!
So, when it came to the incorporation issue we went back to Mark and booked a phone consultation. And again it was worth every penny! Mark came back to us immediately, he answered all our questions and made the way forward so much clearer, and has saved us more money in the process. He is very knowledgeable, professional, down to earth, easy to talk to and always seems to go the extra mile. We cannot recommend him highly enough!
11:09 AM, 19th June 2017, About 6 years ago
Thanks to Mark I've gone from a woolly understanding of a lot of the issues in an unconnected way to complete understanding of what I need to do. I have a clear way forward and can go back to running my business rather than trying to pull Osborne's knife out of my back.
8:52 AM, 26th June 2017, About 6 years ago
We at Easy Online Accounting Ltd, specialise in looking after contractors and SME’s, and we pride ourselves with the excellent personal service we give our clients, as well as providing easy online solutions to our clients for managing their accounts. We are always on the lookout for ways to help our clients, and that is why we contacted Mark, to gain a better understanding of the options available to our clients, as well as some other property related questions we had. And are we glad we did! How refreshing it was talking to someone who could answer our questions! Mark could relate to everything we were asking. His knowledge and experience is off the scale. He not only answered our questions, he pre-empted other questions we had, and provided additional information he knew would be useful to us. We are very grateful for the hour he spared us, and will definitely be contacting Mark again in future.