Property118 Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.property118.com
(“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;
||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;
||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
||Means Property118 Ltd , a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.
- Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Property118 Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.
- Our VAT number is 990 0332 34.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Neil Patterson, and can be contacted by email at email@example.com, by telephone on 01603 489118, or by post at 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Your Rights
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- What Data Do We Collect?
- Date of birth;
- Address and post code;
- Business/company name and trading status;
- Number of properties owned;
- Accountants details;
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Proof of residence and ID;
- Financial information such as income and tax status;
- Landlords insurance renewal dates;
- Property Portfolio details such as value and mortgage outstanding;
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Supplying our products and or services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring our products and or services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all emails;
- Analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience;
- Provide information to our partner service and product suppliers at your request.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and or telephone with information, news and offers on our products and or We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- Member profile information is collected with your consent and can be amended or deleted at any time by you;
- Anti-Money Laundering information and tax consultancy records are to be kept as required by law for up to seven years.
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our site and submitting information to Us. If we do store data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR
- Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Do We Share Your Data?
- We may share your data with other partner companies in for the purpose of supplying products or services you have requested.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- How Can You Control Your Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, we aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails.
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or using the contact details below in section 14.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a cookie prompt requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first party Cookies and block third party Cookies.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below in section 13.5. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 13.9, but please be aware that Our Site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
- The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie
||Used only to collect performance data, with any identifiable data obfuscated
||This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics and Facebook. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products AND/OR services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following Cookies:
|Name of Cookie
||First / Third Party
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmz
||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website
||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Contacting Us
17:56 PM, 31st January 2022, About A year ago
Mark Alexander best thing I ever did was to incorporate with Mark Smith advice, wiped all my gain from 25 years worth of property Developing and renting
The Property Man
22:45 PM, 7th February 2022, About A year ago
I was in a position as I owned all properties solely in my own name, I didn’t operate as a partnership so it was going to cost me a small fortune to incorporate (or so I thought). However, even in this position and having had to pay the Stamp Duty to incorporate, I will now be a lot better off as my tax bills were only going one way (up !!)
I contacted Property118 and paid for a consultation because they offer 100% customer satisfaction or your money back, so I had nothing to lose. The information was invaluable. They informed me of my options, we put a plan in place and I very recently incorporated.
To those of you who are thinking of incorporating but worried how much it will cost you to do it, I would suggest booking a consultation with Property118 as you could be pleasantly surprised. These guys are the best in business in my opinion. To be successful in property you need a good team around you, good tradesmen, a good letting agent (if you don’t self manage), a good accountant and a good tax advisor who can move your business in the right direction and keep it profitable. This is where property118 come in, they work with Cotswold Barristers and together the advice they provide is priceless. They guided me through the process at every stage and are always on had to answer any questions you have as well, nothing was too much for them.
If you are thinking of incorporating to stay profitable (and doing what a business should do, i.e. make a profit) then I highly recommend you book a consultation with Property118 as everyone’s position is different. Property118 and Cotswold Barristers will advise you of the best solution for you going forward!
Thanks to all at Property118 and Cotswold Barristers again for your much needed help !
18:30 PM, 17th February 2022, About A year ago
I'm not sure if you remember me but my Dad, and I had set up the SMART company structure with you to restructure our property portfolio. Its saved us paying an insane amount of tax and it's saved my Uncle a stupendous amount of tax.
I asked you a while back for advice on how to become rich and successful.
The advice you gave was to read books. That's what I've done! I've become a fervent reader of self-development and financial investing. I read a book a week and it's totally changed everything. It's changed my habits, mindset, career ambitions, purpose, and everything after.
I wanted to tell you that without you telling me to start with reading, I wouldn't be in the position I'm in. And I mean it! So thank you for heading me in the right direction.
Mark Alexander - Founder of Property118
18:44 PM, 17th February 2022, About A year ago
Reply to the comment left by Dillon Singh at 17/02/2022 - 18:30
Yes of course I remember you. Thank you for the Testimonial comment and please pass on my best wishes to your Dad and your Uncle. I'm pleased you're finding the books useful.
My next recommendation is that you start to go to property meet ups and talk to other property investors. There are hundreds of these meetups in the UK. There are some very good people that attend them but there are also a few sharks and plenty of wannabees too, so be careful. You can learn a lot from them though. Seek out the people who have been in the business for 20 plus years if you can and pick their brains. Don’t sign up for any ‘get rich quick’ courses.
23:32 PM, 20th February 2022, About A year ago
Mark can you please please guide IHT saving after incorporating.
Q1 ) Our understanding is if my wife or I survive two years from incorporating the there will be no IHT .
Q2) What fees is payable to your company after incorporating and all the set is done and dusted.
3) if we need to draw more then £ 37500 each after incorporating then is do we take it as a dividend or debt capital account - draw down capital.
My wife and I have portfolio - 30 plus uy to let units. No mortgages. All paid .
Wife 61 Both in poor health
Plus very small percentage in children Ltd.
Again no mortgages on Ltd.
11:16 AM, 11th April 2022, About 12 months ago
it took me a long time for me to proceed with incorporation, but Mark, Alex and Yvonne have been of great assistance throughout the process.
I have a couple of friends who may be interested and if they come to me for advice I will refer them to property118.
16:07 PM, 22nd July 2022, About 8 months ago
Thankyou to Property 118 and in particular Stef Norian for guiding me through and presenting a very thorough and detailed analysis of my property tax strategy. The solution that has been created out of the chaos of section24 is actually super clever and combines a solid set of guidance to allow incorporation relief which opens the gateway to massive tax benefits for the slighty dazed and out of pocket landlord. The first is income tax which puts you back in the game if you are a higher rate tax payer. Next on incorporation the re-basing of property values to current market value allows you to strategise further and sell some old portfolio dogs in this rising market and purchase something with better investment potential. A CGT holiday in effect once you incorporate. Finally and most importantly is the massive mitigation of IHT for the next generation. The portfolio landlord without this solution is going to give half of his/her wealth away when the day comes. Well done Steff and the team at 118 for having the audacity and courage to do this. Its being heavily marketed now because it works and gives big wins all round. Good advice and corporate structure does not come cheap and if it did you should be worried! Again Thankyou and i encourage Landlords to take action and see this as the best investment you will make in yourself and your families future
10:00 AM, 29th July 2022, About 8 months ago
We’ve received an exceptional service from Alex Norian and Cotswold Barristers. Alex explained very clearly and expertly in concise and plain English exactly what we needed to do and how to save inheritance tax. He kept in touch, answered all queries, and kept us informed all along the way. Cotswold Barristers are operating in the same efficient fashion. They are using their app and electronic signatures to make a complex process seem very easy and light touch. I am very impressed so far and have and full understanding and confidence that the restructure recommended will work for us. I’m also very reassured by the insurance policy behind the Cotswold Barristers advice and would hope to able to use them for future advice as well.
8:59 AM, 11th August 2022, About 7 months ago
Having incorporated in tax year 20/21 we received notification of a tax investigation on 11th July 2022 relating to the 20/21 year. The deadline was 31st August 2022. Mark immediately acted and in conjunction with my accountant they answered all questions. Mark assured me that he would provide all support needed at no cost. We sent the information to HMRC on 18th July 2022. On 5th August HMRC informed me I had no more tax to pay and the case was closed.
Mark says it is by far the fastest resolution he has experienced. Brilliant support from 118 and my accountant Phil Arch. Both worked together and I did very little.
Robert Cope .
15:16 PM, 27th September 2022, About 6 months ago
Have been working with Paul Hill for a while now and have been impressed by his professionalism and knowledge. Throughout the whole process Paul has been quick to respond and found the answers to my sometimes difficult challenges ! Highly recommended.