Mydeposits is hosting introductory courses for letting agents in order to help them better deal with their tenant’s deposit disputes.
The informative, hands-on seminars will provide letting agent professionals with a deeper understanding of the alternative dispute resolution (ADR) process and will be delivered by experienced adjudicators. ADR is offered to letting agents and tenants who are unable to come to an agreement over the return of a deposit at the end of the tenancy.
The introductory workshops will provide first hand insight into how the dispute resolution process works, address common dispute issues and identify effective ways to avoid deposit disputes through everyday best practice.
The events, which also count towards CPD hours, will also involve:
- Examples of what key evidence is needed to help support a claim to the tenancy deposit
- Comprehensive case studies of real life disputes, letting agents judge a dispute for themselves
- Advice and tips for compiling inventories
- Guidance on defining what constitutes ‘fair’ wear and tear.
- Common reasons why landlords and letting agents lose disputes
Suzy Hershman, Head Adjudicator at mydeposits, commented:
“At mydeposits we’ve been dealing with agents’ deposit disputes for over six years now, which gives us the experience and insight to know what makes best practice.
“Unless the agent’s evidence justifies the deductions they propose to the deposit, it should be returned to the tenant. Some agents are unaware of where they are going wrong but if they can understand what is ‘best practice’ right from the start and throughout the tenancy, then this will help to avoid a formal deposit dispute occurring at the end.
“Agents attending our workshops will leave better prepared to successfully deal with any future disputes; they will learn what they need to do in order to prove their deposit claims and also see first-hand how an adjudicator reaches a decision when dealing with a deposit dispute.”
Places are available for £45 (£30 for mydeposits members) in the following locations:
- Sheffield Thurs 27th February, 1-4pm.
- Exeter Thurs 6th March, 1-4pm.
- Southampton Weds 12th March
- Oxford Fri 14th March
- Cambridge Weds 19th March
- London Fri 21st March
For further information about the workshops, pricing or to book a place please Click Here