Spring Budget 2017 – Landlords ReactionsMake Text Bigger
The Spring Budget 2017 was spectacularly boring and for a change barely affects landlords.
One slight change is that the £5,000 dividend rate tax allowance will reduce to £2,000 per person in 2018, thus impacting incorporated landlords as well as all other others with shares in companies.
To a basic rate tax-payer that will mean an extra £225 a year in tax.
For higher rate tax-payers it’s a £975 a year increase and £1,143 a year for additional rate tax-payers with annual taxable earnings over £150,000.
With the former Chancellors restrictions on finance cost relief becoming active as of next month, NOW is the time for landlords to consider restructuring their businesses. Property118 and The Landlords Union are determined to assist as many landlords as possible and have produced a library of free tax tutorials in PDF format.
Our library of Landlord Tax Tutorials now includes the following titles, all of which can be downloaded free of charge by completing the form below.
- Is tax planning legal?
- Tax planning opportunities where spouse earns less than £43,000 a year
- Sole Ownership Becomes Bad For Tax Purposes
- Understanding incorporation and the various costs, benefits and tax relief available
- Short Term Tax Planning Loan
- Beneficial Interest Company Trust – how to avoid the need to refinance when incorporating
- Declaration of Trust – tax planning
- The Ros Report – An in depth analysis of the changes to mortgage interest relief for individual landlords
- Dividends and other tax perks for incorporated landlords
- Hybrid Tax Planning Structure – BEWARE!
Three-Dimensional Tax Planning With IHT Benefits
This is a case study of how a couple with two daughters changed the structure of their property business to fund their girls’ through University tax free and which changed their lives forever. An inspiring case study based on a true story.
We are so confident we can point you towards the optimal structure for your rental property business that we offer a no risk consultation. The price is just £400 inclusive of VAT and if you are not totally satisfied within 30 days we will refund you in full.
The service we offer includes:-
- one to one consultation (telephone and email based)
- a bespoke illustration of how the tax changes will affect you if you do nothing
- details of the most appropriate restructure plan for your personal circumstances together with an illustration of your tax savings
- obtaining quotes for implementation of the restructure strategy we recommend for you
- referring you to the most appropriate members of our professional adviser panel to complete matters, as required.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.