McDonnell’s distorted and dangerous version of Right to Buy9:01 AM, 5th September 2019
About 2 weeks ago 35
All you need to do is type a message consisting of the following:
1) A brief introduction along the lines of “Dear Sir/Madam, though I am not writing to you regarding your property vacancy, this message concerns a matter of perhaps even greater importance to yourself.”
2) A brief explanation of Clause 24, the threat it poses, and an invitation for the recipient to download Property118’s tax liability spreadsheet from the beginning of its Budget 2015 Landlords Reactions thread, to better understand their own situation.
3) An invitation for the recipient to sign the petition, telling them how to find it on Google: “buy to let petition”.
4) An invitation for the recipient to pledge a donation on the crowd-funding site, again telling them how to find it on Google: “clause 24 crowd justice”.
5) A recommendation that the recipient write to their MP, George Osborne and David Gauke regarding how Clause 24 will affect their business and their tenants.
6) A request of them to pass on these instructions to every landlord, letting agent and mortgage broker that they know.
For this message, you won’t be able to include any e-mail addresses or URLs, hence the parts explaining Google keywords.
Once typed up in Word, message the letter to every landlord advertising within your county on Gumtree by replying to their adverts: Copy-paste-send-paste-send-paste-send and so on.
Few landlords are part of online communities likes ours, but nearly all advertise online. By using this method, in about 2 hours you’ll probably have informed all landlords currently using Gumtree in your area (I did this today for my own county).
If every Property118 were to do this, knowledge of Clause 24 and the campaign against it could be spread exponentially.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
Our mission is to facilitate the sharing of best practice amongst UK landlords, tenants and letting agentsLearn More