Shelter’s Income and expenditure figures highlighted13:57 PM, 4th February 2019
About 2 weeks ago 35
I’m sure you’re all already aware, but there’s a bit crack down at the moment on CO alarms and it’s currently up for discussion whether landlords should be providing these to tenants by law.
For those of you who don’t know, every year in the UK, more than 200 people go to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning, and around 40 people die. Small children and the elderly are most at risk, and companies are campaigning for every home to get a carbon monoxide detector.
This is a critical time for boilers, most people will have had the heating switched off for the summer and will fire it up with their fingers crossed hoping it comes on so that they’re toasty warm. But without a detector they will have no idea that carbon monoxide may be seeping from their boiler.
In the last three years, an estimated one in six homes inspected by the Gas Safe Register was found to have an unsafe gas appliance and one in eleven has an unsafe boiler.
We wanted to share this site to help people be aware of the dangers of gas appliances in their own home:
It might be something you want to share with your tenants and definitely invest in one of these for all your properties if you haven’t already done so.
— Mark Alexander (@iAmALandlord) October 16, 2014
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
Our mission is to facilitate the sharing of best practice amongst UK landlords, tenants and letting agentsLearn More