No shower – It’s a dirty job?

10:38 AM, 28th January 2019

No shower – It’s a dirty job?

No shower – It’s a dirty job?

My new tenant of 5 weeks in my refurbished buy to let says I must fit an electric shower for him because he has a dirty job.

I recently put a new bath and taps in the house prior to him moving in. I had lost a considerable amount of money from the way the house was left by the previous tenant hence I put in a shower mixer tap on the bath which he viewed before signing the tenancy.

For me to put in an electric shower will be rather expensive. At least a months rent and my losses are already substantial.

He  now says he is moving out. I am an experienced landlord and wondering where to draw the line.

Opinions will be gratefully received

Ken

Comments

kenneth loughran

15:52 PM, 18th February 2019

I have come to the conclusion that landlords always lose out financially. they maybe win factually. but with court costs. solicitors fees,rent loss,tenants not paying the court order,cleaning the property, void period,costs in finding new tenant.Does one just put ones chin out and carry on..Yes if you want to be a landlord

Badger

16:35 PM, 18th February 2019

Reply to the comment left by Puzzler at 03/02/2019 - 18:30
It might be worth checking your local water regulations.

It used to be the case that it was illegal to fit a pump direct to the incoming main to increase your working pressure but this has recently been relaxed (at least by our local water authority anyway) so that such pumps are now legal provided that they are restricted to a certain maximum throughput.

This might be a relatively simple and cost effective way of dealing with any low pressure problems.

Scotland to introduce EPC Min Band D