16:37 PM, 17th March 2022, About 2 months ago 2
Hello everyone, Some licensing help if I may, I’m a little confused about Lewisham Council licencing.
I let out a 3-bedroom split-level Victorian terrace maisonette conversion aka ‘a 3-bed flat’ to 3 unrelated professionals, and I’m trying to ascertain if I’m required to apply for an HMO licence or not.
I’m finding the information on Lewisham’s website somewhat confusing and contradicting.
For example, on the page “Find out what an HMO is and which ones need a licence.” We are told, “HMOs with 4 or less residents do not require a licence.”
However, in other areas of the HMO section of the website we are told on the same page:
1. “A new Additional Scheme will come into force on Tuesday 5 April 2022 and will apply to any HMO property in Lewisham that is not captured by the National Mandatory Scheme or is specifically excluded from Licensing”
2. But also contradictory saying “Not all HMOs need to be licensed”
Furthermore, if I was to apply for a licence, I can see I might fall foul a number of prescribed standards namely:
• Supply Emergency Lightning Certificate – my understanding this is a requirement for the bigger HMOs
• Fire Detection Warning System Certificate – I don’t have or was aware I needed it, I do have mains smoke alarms in all rooms regular tested and an up to date EICR
• Detailed floor plans – never had or needed
• Fit and Proper test – I’m a member of NRLA but I’ve not had any formal NRLA training and it seems to imply you need training by a recognised body.
Is anyone in a similar position to me and are both confused and worried about all this?
It’s my only rental property and, in fact, used to be my first home many years ago.
Any guidance from the community is greatly appreciated.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
Previous ArticleDo I pay for boarding-up after police force entry?
Next ArticleNeighbour just handed me outrageous bill?
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||Means Property118 Ltd , a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.|
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Strictly Necessary|
|JSESSIONID||Used only to collect performance data, with any identifiable data obfuscated||No|
|__cfduid||This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.||Yes|
|Name of Cookie||First / Third Party||Provider||Purpose|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmz||First||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website|
|_fbp||First||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website|