Which insurance options should I consider?

Which insurance options should I consider?

11:56 AM, 9th April 2015, About 7 years ago 11

Text Size

Which categories of optional insurance cover (i.e. beyond standard buildings and accidental damage, public liability) do small-portfolio landlords here usually take out, or at least favour as potentially cost-justifiable, assuming one uses a good letting agent with sound procedures and non-LHA tenancies?

Many thanks



by Jireh Homes

17:21 PM, 15th April 2015, About 7 years ago

Landlords Contents is more applicable to fully furnished properties, but many Insurance policies have a minimum value, typically £5000 although some allow a lower sum assured. Major risk if fire which is typically low, with water leak more common as a claim. Theft of landlords contents I would have thought were very low. For un-furnished properties, question of replacement value of carpets and curtains and attitude to risk. Allan

Leave Comments

Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.

Forgotten your password?