Getting UK property insurance for EU residents?

Getting UK property insurance for EU residents?

10:20 AM, 15th June 2021, About 3 years ago

Text Size

There now appears to be issues in getting buildings cover for Buy to Lets in the UK for non-UK residents now.

Does anyone of you know how to arrange this cover?

One of the properties in question is classed as 6 bedroomed as it has a separate one bedroomed annex and some companies won’t cover this size, including the company recommended on here.

Many thanks for any input.


Editor’s note from our Insurance Partner Jason Mclean 

“The main issue with living overseas is whether you have a UK bank account. You need this for any potential claim payment to be made.

“In terms of correspondence address, most of this takes place electronically via email, so a UK address is a bit of a hangover from prior years. We can put in the risk address as the correspondence address if needed.

“In order to overcome the correspondence issue, you will need a specialist broker that can speak with underwriters/understands the policy you need. There are a few out there you can find using Google search but if you speak with a call centre, it may be a case of “computer says no” as staff have little room to move away from the question set.”

Landlords Buying Group Insurance Renewal

Share This Article

Leave Comments

In order to post comments you will need to Sign In or Sign Up for a FREE Membership


Don't have an account? Sign Up

Landlord Tax Planning Book Now