Which accreditation scheme?

Which accreditation scheme?

12:37 PM, 25th September 2014, About 10 years ago 2

Text Size

After managing a property portfolio for one landlord for the last 6 years, I am now in the process of setting up my own property management company. I want to get things right from the start, which in my mind includes getting Client Money Protection Insurance. I can go about this by joining one of the many accreditation schemes such as NALS, ARLA or UKALA. Alternatively I could join CMProtect, however without with a brand new company with no trading history, I’m unsure whether I would pass their financial health check. Which accreditation scheme?

Could anyone offer any advise on the best route to go down, and the advantages of any of the schemes available?

Many thanks,

Jon Champion

Share This Article


Mark Alexander - Founder of Property118

12:38 PM, 25th September 2014, About 10 years ago

Hi John

The Property Redress Scheme was set up just for agents like you.

Please see >>> http://www.theprs.co.uk/

I would also recommend one of the "passportable" accreditation schemes one day training events which cost around £150. They are run by the NLA, Midlands Landlord Accreditation Scheme "MLAS" and London Landlords Accreditation Scheme "LLAS" to name just a few.

Industry Observer

10:49 AM, 27th September 2014, About 10 years ago

If you want credibility join TPO as that is the best known one.

However they have just increased their membership fee by around 15% I think to £284 might be £234

Leave Comments

In order to post comments you will need to Sign In or Sign Up for a FREE Membership


Don't have an account? Sign Up

Landlord Tax Planning Book Now