The 22 Year Old Who Purchased A Block Of 24 Flats

by Mark Alexander

23:40 PM, 30th October 2018

The 22 Year Old Who Purchased A Block Of 24 Flats

The 22 Year Old Who Purchased A Block Of 24 Flats

I recently came across a Facebook post showing a picture of Alistair Trippett, a 22 year old from Stoke-on-Trent who recently completed a purchased of a block of 24 flats.

Intrigued by how he managed to pull off a deal of this nature at such a young age, and what motivates, him I decided to send him a Private Message asking him to write an article for Property118. His initial response alone blew me away.

QUOTE “ Good Morning Mark, thanks for the interest.

I’d be more than happy to give an article a go, it’s something I’ve always thought of doing myself as my story (in and out of property) is quite unusual. I’m quite reserved and not much of a self-promoter so I’ve not yet got around to it.

Obviously I’ve had considerable financial backing from my parents to acquire a project of that size but the numbers are still good and I’ll pay them back in full once refinanced.

Nobody in my family is into property or building or anything similar. The reason I got into it is because I had a pretty horrendous time as a teenager with my health, so I feel I’ve had to take my life by the scruff and make it my own, creating income to enable me to live the life I want to live. I was diagnosed with bone cancer at the age of 12 had chemo and 15+ operations to salvage my leg. It wasn’t until I was 18 that I walked again without crutches. I’m now really into my mountain biking and have written an article in a magazine about the issues I had, I’ll try dig it out.

I’m probably one of the few people that is thankful in a way for having cancer because the mind change is unbelievable and I actually feel sorry for those that have had a smooth life because they don’t actually value their time on this earth and are watching their lives float by.

Anyway that’s a brief insight, I’ve actually done 5 of my own projects before this one, the last one being my first big one, an 8 bedroom HMO which is fully occupied bringing in great returns.”

I’m hoping to publish his article towards the end of next week, and hopefully it will be the first of many following the progress of this inspiring young man – Watch this space!

Comments

Laura Delow

14:37 PM, 23rd November 2018

Nicely put & an extremely honest reply Alistair. Thank you. I feel honoured to make your acquaintance albeit we've only met through this forum. Long may your attitude rub off on others. My very best wishes Laura

Jayne Owen

12:22 PM, 26th November 2018

Hi Alistair,

Congratulations on what you have achieved, and this in particular is a fantastic deal. Could we do an article with you in YPN magazine?

Kind regards,
Jayne

Alistair Trippett

12:29 PM, 26th November 2018

Reply to the comment left by Jayne Owen at 26/11/2018 - 12:22
Hi Jayne,

Ofcourse! If you could email me, alistairjtrippett@gmail.com
I'd be more than happy to.

Thanks

Landlords and tenants should make contingency plans together for winter