Ombudsman Services Targets NALS AgentsMake Text Bigger
With the National Approved Letting Scheme “NALS” conference being held on Thursday 4th October, the recent offer from Ombudsman Services is certainly well timed.
In a Press Release issued by Ombudsman Services today, Chief Ombudsman Lewis Shand Smith said “we are delighted to offer NALS firms access to our services at a very cost effective rate. NALS is an independent licensing scheme working to raise standards in the private rented sector. NALS licensed agents which join our scheme will benefit from our reputation, expertise and experience gained from handling complaints across a broad range of sectors. They will be making a clear statement that they are professional firms which really care about the standard of service provided.”
There are two ways that NALS firms can join Ombudsman Services:
- An annual fee of £15 (+VAT) for each office of a NALS registered firm.
- Thereafter, a case fee per complaint of £125 (+VAT), £200 (+VAT) or £260 (+VAT) depending on the complexity of the complaint (to be determined by the ombudsman).
- The first complaint for an office in each registered year will only be charged at £125 (+VAT) irrespective of complexity.
- OS:P will invoice individual offices to collect case fees.
- An annual fee for each office of NALS registered firms of £120 (+VAT).
- No further charges for each complaint.
NALS Chief Executive, Isobel Thomson says, “Recent reports have turned the spotlight on lettings and management agents as well as standards in the industry as a whole. Recognising the huge growth in the numbers now in rented accommodation, the least tenants and landlords should expect is that their agent is a member of an ombudsman scheme either Ombudsman Services Property or The Property Ombudsman Scheme.
“We are delighted to work with Ombudsman Services who have offered this cost-effective package for our firms which makes the cost of compliance even more affordable.”
Property118 Founder Mark Alexander will be attending with business Partner Neil Patterson, if you spot them wandering around please say hello.
— NALScheme (@NALScheme) September 25, 2012
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.