Chris Bunn

Registered with
Sunday 21st July 2013

Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 20

Chris Bunn

9:47 AM, 17th November 2020, About A year ago

Council told tenants to wait for court eviction?

If you are happy with your tenant ask the council to consider doing a contract with you so they rent the house for say 5 years providing your tenant can stay on. They will want to pay around 10% less than the going rate for the property but after 5 years insure they would be responsibly for redecorating and returning the property to you in the same condition it is in now. Also take into account if your tenant moves on they get to put in whoever they want into your property. Think about what you want out of the property over the contract term.... Read More

Chris Bunn

14:19 PM, 5th November 2020, About A year ago

Any conveyancer accepting electronic signatures?

Hi Heather,
I have suffered the same issues as I live in South Africa 4 weeks to get post sounds good to me, try 4 months or not at all. I now get documents sent DHL go to a commissioner of oaths ( a south african solicitor who is also a registered as a commissioner of oaths) Produce passport and complete paperwork in front of him sometimes need a witness also. Once done return paperwork DHL around 10 days in all. It's a small price to pay depending on urgency and value of transaction. I hope that helps.
Chris Bunn... Read More

Chris Bunn

9:47 AM, 5th May 2020, About 2 years ago

New Industrial Property Purchase - Stamp Duty?

Good morning Tony.
I would approach the developer if you are not going to use the unit. Ask if you can make the payment you were going to pay for the smaller unit as a deposit on the larger unit. If he accepts and I do not see why not especially If you are able to pull out of the deal. He will have the money and can still market the small unit as you will not have taken ownership. If you take ownership there will be a cost to selling it if not required.
Chris... Read More

Chris Bunn

9:18 AM, 2nd January 2020, About 2 years ago

Can this be construed as damage to the carpet?

Hi Andrew,
As a landlord this has happened to me a few times in the past 20 years. If I have been made aware of the fault it becomes my problem not the tennant. I would talk to the tennant and point out the washing machine either needs to be repaired at the tennants cost or removed to prevent damage to my property.
Or if they are good tenants that have been there a number of years I accept responsibility and pay to get it repaired or replaced at my cost.
At the end of the day tenants are customers you can win an argument with a customer and lose that customer. Which in turn cost you money to replace them. Look at the big picture when you have a good tennant keep them happy.... Read More

Chris Bunn

9:39 AM, 27th March 2019, About 3 years ago

Why UK landlords are flocking to Portugal

Hi Everybody,
I have just read a few comments and thought I would add my experience of Portugal. I left the UK in 2009 having decided I no longer wanted to live in my country. I have served in the RAF for 22 years and did not take the decision lightly. I moved to Cape Town South Africa.
A lot of South Africans are now moving to Portugal for the sake of their children. I came to Portugal to visit a friend on the on the 25th of March having never been here before. Two days later having visited a few government department I now have a 5 year permanent residency (which allows me in all EU country's ) and after 5 years I can apply for a Portuguese passport whilst, retaining my British Passport. I am staying near Lisbon and have enjoyed my time here so far. In fact I flew my Daughters from Cape Town a few days ago and they also have their residency here after 2 days. In view of the UK Brexit position I consider it a very good insurance policy going forward.
So if anybody is considering getting permanent residency in Portugal it is not to late but the clock is ticking it only cost 17.5 Euros per person for the residency so don't let the cost or time it takes to do this put you off. After all our government is not helping us as landlords.
It will take much longer once the UK is out of the EU, if that ever happens. The cost will be around 500,000 euros as a property or business investment to get the same residency.
Right that's it I am of now to explore the country.
I hope this helps
Chris... Read More