Registered with
Monday 10th August 2015

Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 78


21:34 PM, 20th March 2020
About 3 weeks ago

Landlord Action receives first court adjournment due to Coronavirus

There may well have been a discretion not to issue a possession order but the point of importance is that this is S8 application based on grounds that may well have happened months ago. There should be a distinction between historic grounds compared where a landlord desires possession for other reasons or where payment has suddenly become a problem.... Read More


15:06 PM, 11th March 2020
About 4 weeks ago

HB payments while tenant in prison?

Forget the increase until he returns from HMP. Keep the accommodation available if he wants it and liaise via his family. Don't forget LHA rates go up this April too.
My one similar case remained eternally grateful despite his occasion holiday thereafter at Her Majesty's pleasure... Read More


14:01 PM, 27th February 2020
About a month ago

Multi-Sale SDLT?

Yes entirely agree my solicitor was unaware of the relief but sought HMRC approval and the figure for SDLT was significantly reduced but the forthcoming budget may change things, may be.... Read More


17:38 PM, 22nd February 2020
About a month ago

Can our father change an Irrevocable Trust?

Dear Tony,
Is the value of the estate worth the potential enormous legal expenses?
There are answers to your problems and you should consider using outside agencies who would be willing to intervene to protect your father. The police have a specialist unit that deals with the protection of vunerable adults and so do social services who often work together.
It is possible to alter trustees and terms of a trust but you will either need the consent of all the parties involved and from what you describe your father might not pass the statutory test that determines capacity. Or you will need a court order.
You can also apply to the Court of Protection to be put in charge of a persons affairs but it would help you a lot if the outside agencies supported you in that move.
You must not just think in terms of trust but consider the other family law options that are also open to be used. As such a specialist firm of solicitors could advise you.... Read More


12:54 PM, 14th February 2020
About 2 months ago

How to issue section 21 if landlord not up to date with regulations?

What a headache Darren,
You can try a step by step repair with the aim to use S21 or you could try new tenancies for everyone. But you have to formally bring the existing ones to an end before the new ones. How to end them requires some expert legal advice but there is a procedure open to you.Yet you might require the Ts consent. In any event it might delay your plans but ensure possession.... Read More