Mark Evans

Registered with
Saturday 19th July 2014

Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 13

Mark Evans

23:31 PM, 22nd July 2017, About 4 years ago

Negative equity and want rid?

Hi Peter

Please send me your details: I'm pretty sure I will have a solution for you.

Mark... Read More

Mark Evans

11:59 AM, 6th February 2017, About 5 years ago

Who pays for the boiler replacement if operated incorrectly?

I would say it depends on what you have in your contract in terms of expected Tenant obligations. Then of course you have to prove they have been negligent, which I doubt you will be able to do. They could argue that the pressure shouldn't reduce significantly over time without a regular landlord/agent visit identifying the low pressure. They'd probably argue that it was improperly installed if the pressure is reducing significantly.

In short, if you expect to legally recover costs, make sure you can prove they are at fault. Maybe obtain an engineers report and show how it contravenes the relevant clause in their AST, and offer a 50% contribution as a goodwill gesture.

Mark... Read More

Mark Evans

12:45 PM, 27th January 2017, About 5 years ago

Will HMRC let you claim for a property purchase that fell through?

Can you not carry forward losses related to rental properties and set off against future rental profits?... Read More

Mark Evans

23:10 PM, 14th September 2016, About 5 years ago

Bank of Ireland Legal Action - NO-WIN-NO-FEE

I agree with Steve, the NWNF charges are a licence to print money. I am involved in a similar activity where the fees are at a maximum 25%
Perhaps Property 118 could source a more competitive non-affiliated law firm to do the same work for less?... Read More

Mark Evans

10:25 AM, 27th July 2016, About 5 years ago

Not Classed as Self Employed for business lease?

Have you registered yourself as a sole trader with HMRC? I wonder whether it would be better to go to a broker via and find a better broker deal. In my experience I was able to get much better deals with brokers compared with the dealerships. Even if you were to register as a sole trader now you can do that in your own name which would be identical to the name of your self assessment so that might satisfy the 'business' requirement you talk about.

You might also want to consider the benefits/pitfalls of a business lease vs a personal lease. In most cases where you are the only employee/director of a limited company, your accountant would advise against a business lease because of the Tax/NI contributions the company has to pay and the P11D implications for the employee.

Might be worth checking with your accountant if any of this would apply to you.... Read More