Keep up to date with all the new laws – Landlord Law Conference 2019Make Text Bigger
Every year it looks as if things CANNOT get more complicated and difficult and every year it just seems to get worse!
This year we have:
- New laws on energy efficiency and utilities
- New laws on property ‘fitness for habitation’
- New laws on tenant fees and deposits
Not to mention the government’s declared intention to remove the right to eviction under section 21!
It is essential that landlords and agents are fully up to date with the law as penalties are becoming more severe and the authorities are beginning to take more action.
Plus tenants are often able to take action on non compliance themselves – for example by applying for Rent Repayment Orders or bringing compensation claims if properties are considered ‘unfit’.
Which is why you will want to consider attending the Landlord Law Conference 2019.
This, unlike many conferences, is a serious training event. Most speakers are qualified lawyers and the rest are experienced trainers. The ten half hour talks include:
- A review of the legal developments in the past year – from solicitor David Smith
- Letting Agent Regulation – from David Cox of ARLA who will concentrate mostly on the Tenant Fees Act
- A talk on tenancy deposits from Suzy Hershman of My Deposits, and
- A talk on section 8 notices by housing barrister Robert Brown
You can find out more about the talks in the video at the bottom of this article.
The Conference will take place at the four star Sprowston Manor Hotel.
Although its location (just outside Norwich) may be difficult for some to get to, wherever the Conference takes place will be inconvenient for someone. So we decided just to go with the venue we have found to be the best (and which has the best lunches!). It also has a swimming pool, spa and golf course if these things interest you (and some special discounts for conference delegates)!
Find out more about the Conference venue here.
As well as being a terrific training event most people really enjoy the day and it is excellent for networking! We look forward to seeing you there.
A discount for Property 118 Readers
This is £5 per delegate and you can claim it by using the coupon code P118Conf5 when booking.
Please now take a look at the video below or » book your place here.
The Conference in a Nutshell:
- Date: 17 May 2019
- Venue: Sprowston Manor Hotel just outside Norwich (find out more here)
- Cost: £240 (£200 + VAT)
- Includes: All refreshments and the Conference handbook with speakers detailed notes
- Discounts: Landlord Law members and 20% for bookings for 5 or more delegates. Property118 readers can get £5 discount with the voucher code P118Conf5
- CPD: 5 hours
- How to book: click here or visit www.landlordlawconference.co.uk.