HS2 accelerating Birmingham’s potential into its grand futureMake Text Bigger
High Speed 2 (HS2) is a Government plan to construct a high-speed rail link from Birmingham to London, the West Midlands, Leeds and Manchester. Curzon Street Station, due to open in Birmingham with seven high speed platforms in 2026, is set to be the first new intercity station built in Britain since the 19th century.
The upcoming rail line has already attracted employers to Birmingham such as HSBC, which will employ 2,500 at its new UK headquarters in the city – and it means the city with the highest student retention can get graduates to and from London in just over 45 minutes.
Here is what the Mayor of the West Midlands, Andy Street, had to say:
“These brand new stations will be catalysts for regeneration, creating jobs and opportunities for local people and economic benefits for Birmingham and the Midlands. Curzon Street station will put Birmingham at the heart of Britain’s new high speed network and enhance the rail connectivity for the city, whilst Interchange provides a once in a life time opportunity to help drive the growth of the region.”
So, what does this mean for investing in Birmingham? Only good things!
The HS2 project currently employs 7,000 people and the number will increase to 15,000 in 18 months and 30,000 in five years.
Birmingham is already the second biggest city in the UK, and the vision behind the Big City Masterplan to encourage and support Birmingham’s continuing transformation into a world class city centre is only going to boom the population. And a population increase cries out for rental properties.
Are you interested in investing in Birmingham? Please find PIP’s current off-plan opportunities below!
Smithfield Place & Smithfield Square
Luxury 1, 2 & 3 bed apartments, starting from only £159,995.
- Smithfield Place and Smithfield Square are located in the Digbeth district of Birmingham, a lively, creative hub on the east side of the city centre.
- Digbeth is ideally located within easy reach of some of Birmingham’s most iconic amenities; Grand Central Station (10 minute walk), The Bull Ring (10 minute walk) and The Mailbox (15 minute walk).
- According to local letting agents Martin & Co, these properties will achieve rental yields of up to 6.2%.
Park View – Luxury 1, 2 & 3 bed apartments, starting from only £139,995.
- Park View is located in Birmingham’s Eastside, close to Highgate Park. Though not situated within the Masterplan itself, Park View’s close proximity on the outskirts will make it just as desirable a location, having the same amenities nearby as the other premium-priced developments.
- Invest at today’s low price and reap the capital growth when it is ready for completion 2020/21.
- According to local letting agents Martin & Co, these properties will achieve rental yields of up to 6.4%.
One BHM – Contemporary 1, 2 & 3 bed apartments, starting from only £164,995.
- This ‘early bird’ off plan investment opportunity is ideally located on the outskirts of the famous Jewellery Quarter and very close to the Paradise Masterplan.
- With construction already underway, Paradise will dramatically transform this whole area of the city into a vibrant development of commercial, civic, retail, leisure and hotel space.
- The redevelopment of Paradise will not only create thousands of new jobs, but will also help improve access across the city.
- These properties have been predicted to achieve rental yields of up to 6%.
For any more information on these properties or how to invest, please get in touch with the PIP team using the contact form below and we will be happy to help