Be a guest of Mark Smith (Barrister-At-Law) – HarrogateMake Text Bigger
Our Hon. Legal Counsel, Mark Smith, Head of Chambers at Cotswold Barristers will be presenting an overview of several landlords tax strategies at the pin Harrogate Meeting property networking event Wednesday 3rd April 2019.
The event will start at 6:00pm until 9:00pm and will be free for guests of Mark Smith that have not previously attended a pin meeting. To obtain your guest ticket please see below:
- Visit https://propertyinvestorsnetwork.co.uk/meetings/harrogate/
- On that meeting page scroll down to “Select a payment option”.
- Click where is says “Voucher Code”.
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter mobile number (Only used to send a text reminder on the day).
- Enter MSmith into the voucher code box and press “Apply Voucher”.
- This will take £20 off so you can attend for free, as my guest.
- Click on the “Click here to book your place” button.
- You will be sent an email confirmation to the email you provide
The event will be held at Cedar Court Hotel, Park Parade, off Knaresborough Road, Harrogate, HG1 5AH
Incorporating without refinancing and other taxation strategies – Mark Smith
• Are you a hands-on landlord looking to counter the effects of loss of finance cost relief?
• Do you want to get your business into a company structure without having to refinance your current lending?
• Do you want to pass on as much of your business as you can whilst minimising the effects of IHT?
• Do you want to maximise your personal tax allowances?
If you are a property rental business, working 20 hours or more in an average week, and sharing income and expenses in common with another (eg spouse) then you could well be eligible for incorporation into a limited company, without having to refinance your current lending and with rollover relief on capital gains and exemptions from Stamp Duty. This would give your business full relief from finance costs, as well as a whole range of other opportunities for equity release, income maximisation and succession planning.
Mark Smith is a barrister well-known in the private rented sector. He led the legal team that recovered £27million of unlawfully charged mortgage interest from West Bromwich Building Society in 2016 on behalf of 6200 landlords (Mark Alexander v West Bromwich).
In association with Property118, he has designed robust strategies to allow rental businesses to incorporate without refinancing, and over 100 businesses have successfully done so to date from the introduction of the BICT in November 2015.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.