10:51 AM, 7th July 2017, About 4 years ago 19
I’ve been researching the merits of buying a property as an individual, and creating a Declaration of Trust (DoT) to nominate the beneficial owner as my company.
What I have determined so far is:
• The mortgage lenders take their security against legal ownership ie the individual.
• The legal title at HM Land Registry does not need to be changed when transferring beneficial interests via a DoT
• There is no requirement to advise or seek consent from mortgage providers. This is because their security remains unchanged.
• Form 17 would not be applicable as property is owned by one person a DoT.
I have the following remaining points to resolve
1. Has anyone done this already?
2. If so, what has HMRC said on the topic?
3. With a DoT in place, can the mortgage interest relief be claimed by the company?
4. Can you have multiple properties with BTL mortgages in your own name and would you have a DoT in place for each property?
5. Can a DoT be amended in the future and if so who by?
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
Advice and implementation provided by a practising Barrister-At-Law with £10,000,000 of Professional Indemnity InsuranceBook Now
Previous ArticleFirst time leasehold extension advice
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||Means Property118 Ltd , a limited company registered in England under company number 10295964, whose registered address is 1st Floor, Woburn House, 84 St Benedicts Street, Norwich, NR2 4AB.|
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Strictly Necessary|
|JSESSIONID||Used only to collect performance data, with any identifiable data obfuscated||No|
|__cfduid||This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.||Yes|
|Name of Cookie||First / Third Party||Provider||Purpose|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmz||First||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website|
|_fbp||First||Helps to understand how their visitors engage with our website|