Coutts & Co. Property Market Summary – June 2013Make Text Bigger
Have you ever wondered what the advice of bankers to the Royal family might be?
From time to time Coutts & Co. share their market analysis reports with their customers and this month they are looking at the UK property market.
I was invited to bank with Coutts & Co. in 2003 and as I result I receive these reports, this one is well worth sharing with Property118 readers I believe.
If you would like to download a copy, please complete the form at the bottom of this article. In the meantime, the following is a snapshot of what the report says.
- House prices could rise by 8% per annum
- Already-high prices depend on cheap funding for more gains
- Population growing four times as fast as housing stock
- High deposits keep would-be first-time buyers renting
- Growing number of renting households supports market
- Rental income is capped by affordability; vulnerable to economic weakness
- Low rates exacerbate investment traps
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.