Universal Credit landlord engagement newsletters

Universal Credit landlord engagement newsletters

14:18 PM, 16th July 2018, About 6 years ago

Text Size

The Department for Work and Pensions has released its June 2018 Universal Credit newsletter.

These Universal Credit newsletters will be published quarterly and provide information to social and private landlords about Universal Credit.

Click Here to download the full June 2018 edition:

1.2 Applying for a managed payment to landlord

If you’re a private landlord or a social landlord that doesn’t have a secure email address and you are applying for a Managed Payment to Landlord (MPTL) due to rent arrears you will need to complete the non–secure UC47.

If you are applying for a MPTL due to a tier one or tier two factor only, you will need to complete the secure version of the UC47 form and explain your reasons in the additional information box.

The secure version of the UC47 can be found by selecting ‘yes’ to the question on GOV.UK ‘Does your email address contain any of the following? Once you have put in your tenant’s postcode’ you must then post the completed form to us if you do not have a secure email address.

We are looking to develop a more streamlined online process for landlords requesting a managed payment to landlord APA via GOV.UK.

This will improve the current process, enabling the secure capture of information and doing away with the need for the different versions of the UC47 forms.

User testing will be taking place with landlords to inform the design. Security will be at the heart of this new process, so as to securely capture the reason for the APA and the landlord bank details. We will keep you updated in future newsletters as this work develops.

Find out more about Direct Payments.”

If you are a landlord and have a tenant on Universal Credit and you are experiencing issues please contact a member of our helpful team to see how they can assist you.

Contact Sherrelle for offline Universal Credit advice

Sherrelle is an independent consultant and is recommended by Property118 for landlords who require professional advice and assistance in regards to dealing with Universal credit related matters

Share This Article

Leave Comments

In order to post comments you will need to Sign In or Sign Up for a FREE Membership


Don't have an account? Sign Up

Landlord Tax Planning Book Now