Mark Chamberlain

Registered with
Thursday 19th February 2015

Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 2

Mark Chamberlain

12:36 PM, 26th September 2017, About 4 years ago

Tenant running out on utility bills

Hi Stuart

You need to contact the Utility suppliers and explain that she was liable for the bills, send them the Tenancy Agreement confirming this and make sure they change the accounts into her name. This ensures their contract is between them and her plus it should prevent them coming to the property to install credit meters to claw back the debt from you.
Assuming your TA has the relevant clauses, you can forward any contact details you have for her to them to chase.

Good luck... Read More

Mark Chamberlain

10:41 AM, 18th November 2016, About 5 years ago

Validity problem of parental guarantees when the parents are not resident in this country?

We have similar problems as a majority of our tenants are overseas students and cannot obtain Rent Guarantee protection as the tenant/Guarantor do not fit in with the standard referencing criteria so we recently looked at Housing Hand who are a UK based company that (for a fee, of course) will effectively become a UK Guarantor for your Landlord at no charge to the LL as the cost is met by the tenant. It seemed quite expensive to us so we haven't use the service yet but it's maybe worth a look Good luck, Mark... Read More