Sandra Savage-Fisher

Registered with
Friday 13th February 2015

Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 9

Sandra Savage-Fisher

8:53 AM, 27th May 2017, About 5 years ago

£16,000 fine for Landlord because tenant played dance music for 36 hours straight!

If you read the article link thoughtfully provided by Ian Narbeth then it's likely the tenant was fictitious.... Read More

Sandra Savage-Fisher

9:31 AM, 12th September 2015, About 6 years ago

Poorly worded farcical new regulations

We provide room accommodation in HMO's where the bills are paid by the landlord. This has never required landlords to get an EPC as they were outside of the regulations for these. With this in mind how can we provide an EPC when the landlord isn't required to get one?... Read More

Sandra Savage-Fisher

9:09 AM, 9th May 2015, About 7 years ago

£50-£75k Property Investments in Salford or Sheffield - Good or Bad?

I'm a landlord and letting agent in Manchester area. I live in Salford and would suggest you get to know your areas before buying.

There are some lucrative deals to be had but it depends on your long term strategy as to whether they will work for you.

Media City and the BBC/ITV relocation is bringing changes within Salford but slowly. There are still areas I'd be wary of purchasing in unless your market is housing benefit tenants.... Read More

Sandra Savage-Fisher

8:18 AM, 23rd March 2015, About 7 years ago

Reaching out to landlords in Luton LU3

Reply to the comment left by "Sandra Savage-Fisher" at "19/03/2015 - 11:09":

Please note I'm not an insurance agent!

On annual renewal of insurance we all have to declare that there have been no instances of claims that have gone unreported.

Surely you should report the incident to your insurer and then let them sort it out with the landlord's insurers. If the landlord fails to have insurance then at least your items are replaced/dealt with and your insurer is happy that you have reported all claims.

The avenue of court is always open to you to pursue the landlord for losses including the increase in insurance premium to put you into a position you would have been in prior to the incident.

If the landlords property is mortgaged but not insured he will be in breach of the terms on his mortgage.... Read More

Sandra Savage-Fisher

11:09 AM, 19th March 2015, About 7 years ago

Reaching out to landlords in Luton LU3

I'd be speaking to the tenant relationship officer at your local council and the environmental health officer.

With regards to loss of personal items, the landlord is required to insure his/her own contents, the building and liability but not tenants belongings. Tenants should always insure their own belongings.... Read More