Registered with Property118.com
Thursday 4th July 2013

Member of The Landlords Union

Trading Status
Sole Owner

Insures properties through a broker recommended by Property118

Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 169


10:53 AM, 30th May 2020
About a month ago

Should I let to family through my limited company?


Everyone has their own take on advice.

1. Phone local council hb department and ask their take.

2. I have rented to a family member and council phoned me to confirm he was a family member and they agreed to pay AS i was not a father of a family member renting which is prohibited. IE, not a son or daughter.

3. Check Universal Credits website to check “their exclusions” on renting to family member.

4. You may not get market rent with a family member

5. If family member has children - do the right thing and help them whilst maximising the rent received via 2/3/4 bedroom rates.

6. Set up your tenancy squeaky clean, bond protected, inventory, NRLA tenancy agreement.

7. Lucky no 7. - feel good about what you are doing 🙏🏽👍🏾🌈

Cheers - Kulasmiley Kev 😂... Read More


11:34 AM, 28th March 2020
About 3 months ago

Which Landlords are classed as self-employed for Coronavirus help?

Thank you all for your comments on this!

If we have a property that is divided into flats/rooms etc and the mortgage is £1,000 and three tenants don’t pay for 3 months (but are applying for Govt help scheme), then it could take a few months for them to get help?

Meanwhile ball the costs of letting, etc are still payable.

Landlords could still be in a cashflow predicament.

This is why we need NRLA or us to start a petition that we be classed as self employed immediately and scrapping of the sect 24 tax system. We are in a real crisis and are being left behind.

We are the very people that help get folks off the streets. This Govt is thinking outside the box - let’s push them further to think 🤔 about the above!

Any thoughts please (be kind to all replies my friends)😷✊💕.

Kevin... Read More


13:23 PM, 27th March 2020
About 3 months ago

Which Landlords are classed as self-employed for Coronavirus help?

Let’s all canvass NLA/RLA to be classed as self employed under the Covid 19 emergency.

What if we do Airbnb holiday accommodation?

What if we spend all of our time doing maintenance paperwork etc on ours and other’s properties, aren’t we a TRADE, then classed as self employed?... Read More


23:05 PM, 9th February 2020
About 5 months ago

R.I.P. David Knox - A.K.A. "Appalled Landlord"

Very saddened to hear this. David worked so hard and was a caring kind person that gave up his time for others. I didn’t personally know David but we as a landlord family our heartbroken for his close family. If it is one good thing for his legacy, we must all come together to keep doing the good things we do. If there is anything we can all do to help his family at this time, some tribute in his good name, anything, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Kevin 🙏🏽... Read More


15:48 PM, 10th November 2019
About 8 months ago

As a Landlord in the General Election I intend to vote for:

Reply to the comment left by Denise G at 10/11/2019 - 15:42
Denise, thanks for your comment as I was feeling left out on this forum. I can totally understand other landlords reasons for keeping hold of these assets, and I have thought about my own. But the truth is for me personally I will survive going forward where I don’t have to beg to eat or think about having a roof over my head. There are literally 1000’s if homeless people out there and that is not the fault of landlords. Each one of have to think how deeply we care for our NHS. We didn’t from day one become a Brexiteer or a self serving society. I have come full circle and am comfortable with losing 80% of my wealth if I could help 50 homeless people. The problem we have is the government’s have always failed in housing and they have always blamed landlords.... Read More