Les Charneca

Registered with Property118.com
Saturday 14th June 2014

Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 19

Les Charneca

9:15 AM, 10th October 2015, About 6 years ago

Extension on top of the flat

You can apply for planning without the landowner's owner's consent, but you must inform them. But there is no point. To actually build it you must get the landowner's consent. In your case you need to put your proposal to the landowner (Limited company). You are going to have to lobby your fellow neighbours (shareholders) to get support. The ones most affected by your proposal through visual, noise etc are least likely to support you. Work on the ones that are least affected and that you have best relationship with. Sometimes an open house party where you can show your plans and answer informally any objections works. Welcome to democracy.... Read More

Les Charneca

12:42 PM, 5th February 2015, About 7 years ago

Crystal Ball anyone ?

Reply to the comment left by "Melvin Edwards" at "05/02/2015 - 08:27":


Changed to what?

Les... Read More

Les Charneca

8:02 AM, 5th February 2015, About 7 years ago

Crystal Ball anyone ?

Reply to the comment left by "Melvin Edwards" at "05/02/2015 - 07:55":

Cheers Melvin. I only miss fish and chips and real ale anyway, so I would not bother going back at all and keep the cash;) But point noted. Can anybody make this option work anymore?... Read More

Les Charneca

15:05 PM, 4th February 2015, About 7 years ago

Crystal Ball anyone ?

Personally I would not use an endowment to pay the mortgage. BTL interest only on £40K is so cheap, definitely sub £100 a month, fixed for years! It's never been that cheap!

Ok, this not professional advice but in your position (bearing in mind you have missed out lots of info) and I know nothing about your future plans. I would (a few of these are light hearted):

a: Kick out the tenant and move in. Sacrifice the income for a while and live off the endowment for a couple of years then sell it CGT free.

b: As an alternative borrow a large sum against the property, right off the interest and live of the cash (remember to amortise the cash over your expected lifetime)! Most IFA's will go down this route.

c: Or, move to a sunnier climate (choose a low tax country), then flog it once abroad! Keep 100% off your cash and if you can be bothered to go to the UK, make sure it is for for no more than 90 days a year for at least 5 years.

d: Leave the country again and sell it, but this time don't bother with a foreign residence; just drive, ride, sail, cycle, walk around the world for a few years and see what is out there. You will probably never come back,

e: This one is not illegal, but probably immoral and I bet Mark will have a few things to say to me! You could borrow the maximum 80% of the £300k that is worth and whilst the rent covers the interest not worry, write off the interest off your tax and spend the excess on women, wine and gambling (if there is anything left you can waste it), when rates rise and it no longer covers it just default on the loan. You have got 80% of you cash out tax free and written off 40% of the interest against tax! You won't get credit ever again, but if you are at a stage of your life that you don't care about that it works.... Read More

Les Charneca

12:35 PM, 24th January 2015, About 7 years ago

Tenant Request for Advice and Help

Cool, good to see you got a result:)... Read More