Mark Weedon

Registered with
Tuesday 8th April 2014

Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 26

Mark Weedon

10:20 AM, 4th July 2020
About A day ago

Are we overlooking anything?

Herlix law also in Brighton are very helpful.

You have two options. Either you increase the ground rent to make it worth your while and charge a lower sum for the lease extension or charge a peppercorn ground rent and a high sum for the lease extension.

It might be worth asking the other lesees if they want to extend.... Read More

Mark Weedon

12:40 PM, 30th June 2020
About 5 days ago

Expensive insurance due to sensitive 3rd party information?

There may also be a difference in the sum insured between your block and the other and differences in construction. once you have a copy of the insurance you will be able to make a more informed decision.... Read More

Mark Weedon

11:35 AM, 20th June 2020
About 2 weeks ago

Constant price hikes by property management company?

You need a majority of owners to participate. In your case 4. You don't all need to be directors (many are reluctant) you only need 1.
Make sure you take out directors and officers insurance.
Good luck.... Read More

Mark Weedon

11:58 AM, 16th June 2020
About 3 weeks ago

Constant price hikes by property management company?

get together with the other residents and form an RTM co and take over the management. If you don't want to manage it yourselves employ your own managing agent.

As for the ground rent that will be specified in the lease.... Read More

Mark Weedon

13:06 PM, 20th March 2020
About 4 months ago

Renting to Housing Association for refugees?

You should also check your insurance covers you for this type of letting.... Read More