Alan Littlefield

Registered with
Sunday 9th March 2014

Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 4

Alan Littlefield

9:16 AM, 10th June 2016, About 6 years ago

Planning Permission in Newham Borough

If the council are set against conversion to HMO they can make it non-viable financially by requiring so much extra work to be done as part of the approval. See this from 2012:

"The bottom line is that Northamptonshire Council is helpful and apart from one application none has been rejected so far and that was down to neighbours not being happy. The planners themselves hope the LL is going to appeal. Interesting isn't it?

Milton Keynes council has a completely different attitude and try to make it nearly impossible to get the permission. I looked at some applications. One was approved but the LL was asked to sound proof the walls of a terraced house towards both sides and all floors too. That costs and arm and a leg and financially not viable. It's one way to put LL off."... Read More

Alan Littlefield

10:22 AM, 22nd October 2015, About 7 years ago

Can I request a Compulsory Purchase Order?

Probably not in those circumstances, one of the requirements is:
"The owner must claim that the land in question is incapable of reasonably
beneficial use before he can serve. "
See Read More

Alan Littlefield

23:21 PM, 22nd December 2014, About 7 years ago

Had a CCJ demanding 3 times the deposit

Have a look at :

It seeme to me that there are a lot of things your tenants have failed to do, and I suspect they may not come out of this too well. In particular that article says:

"If your landlord makes you an offer, think about whether it's worth proceeding with court action. If you refuse a reasonable offer and carry on with the court proceedings the judge could decide you should pay the landlord's reasonable out of pocket expenses for attending court."

Best of luck.... Read More

Alan Littlefield

15:39 PM, 1st December 2014, About 8 years ago

Is it lawful for agent to retain deposit one day after reserving house?

It seems clear to me that this comes under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.
The Citizen's Advice website includes the example of "a term which tries to make you pay more than is needed to cover the trader's losses if you cancel the contract".
I would suggest a letter giving them 7 days to return the money, then fax them a completed Claim Form downloadable from
If that doesn't have the desired effect then make the claim online as the court fees will be less.... Read More