Robert Taylor

Registered with
Tuesday 3rd December 2013

Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 16

Robert Taylor

12:38 PM, 12th March 2021, About 7 months ago

I did not realise even insurers held us in such contempt?

I have just had a car insurance premium renewal notice from Hiscox. They have increased the premium from £237.29 to £524.82 for the same cover. Needless to say, I have changed insurer and will be paying £242.00 with them.... Read More

Robert Taylor

12:14 PM, 23rd October 2018, About 3 years ago

Private rent to buy agreement?

This type of agreement falls in to the category of a lease with the option to buy commonly known as a lease option.
The best person to contact regarding the setting up of such an agreement is Shimon Rudich of MS Law see:
Shimon is likely to give you some free advice on how it would work and can then complete all the legal work for you.... Read More

Robert Taylor

9:18 AM, 17th October 2018, About 3 years ago

Proposal to make BTL a time limited offer - Feedback request

I agree with all of the comments above. This scheme is not thought out and would not solve any problems.
Some accidental landlords would be encouraged to sell but if it resulted in mass selling of rental properties, the knock on effect would drive down prices and unstabilise the market.... Read More

Robert Taylor

12:06 PM, 8th February 2017, About 5 years ago

Possible exit strategy by transferring beneficial interest

Reply to the comment left by "Mark Alexander" at "08/02/2017 - 09:57":

Thanks Mark for a very comprehensive reply. Personally, being a classic car fanatic, I might find Malta rather restrictive in allowing me to follow my hobby.

You mention using a Declaration of Trust to change the percentage of ownership when the property is held by husband & wife as Tenants in Common. So this could be 1% husband and 99% wife, but could beneficial ownership be completely transfered i.e. 0% husband and 100% wife?

Could this also be used for 2 non related people or does Capital Gains tax then become payable?... Read More

Robert Taylor

10:03 AM, 6th September 2016, About 5 years ago

No next of Kin - what do I now do with contents?

My understanding is that you can empty the contents of the flat but need to store them for a period (I believe 2 months) in case somebody makes a claim on them. From what you say, there is very little value in the furniture but it may be a different matter with personal belongings.

If it was my property I would photograph the furniture and make a list of the items and then dispose of them. If somebody makes a claim within the 2 months then you may have to pay compensation but this is not likely to be very much and would be offset by the fact that you have been able to relet the flat.

With personal belongings which may have a sentimental value, I would store these for a minimum of 2 months and perhaps longer as they are not likely to be too bulky and you could then pass them over if somebody proves they have a claim to them.... Read More