Registered with
Saturday 1st June 2019

Insures properties through a broker recommended by Property118

Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 21


22:52 PM, 18th May 2020
About 2 months ago

How to avoid Inheritance Tax (For Landlords)

Reply to the comment left by JB at 18/05/2020 - 15:32
While life assurance covers you for your whole life, a standard life insurance policy usually covers you for a set term. However, some life assurance policies do allow you to finish your payments at a certain age - this varies, but tends to be around 85. Life assurance products involve an investment approach and so tend to be more complex.... Read More


19:45 PM, 12th May 2020
About 2 months ago

BM Mortgages "Action Required" letter on interest-only mortgages?

This is a legal requirement since major issues several years ago for anyone with an interest only mortgage whether b to let or residential. It is so the mortgagee cannot say they did not know they would have to repay the mortgage at a future point. I have had these letters over the last 10 years from various mortgage providers and each time told them they would be repaid from savings and company pensions. You would also have been asked in your mortgage application how you were going to repay the mortgage so would have given an answer at that time too. They are not intrusive letters and are there to remind you of your obligation. The questions are no more intrusive than those which you would have completed within y our mortgage application. Any mortgage company can request immediate repayment of a mortgage should it wish to do so... Read More


15:09 PM, 28th April 2020
About 2 months ago

Call for council tax relief on empty landlord properties

Reply to the comment left by Adrian Jones at 25/04/2020 - 09:29
Adrian, in Wales you have 21 days to contact welsh water to advise of any tenancy change - it is in regulations. If a water meter then you will pay minimal standing charge as you are not using water. All my properties are on meter. with regard to gas/elec it is up to each company but the most you would be paying is a small standing charge. with regard to c. tax in N.Wales we get 26 weeks free in each year of if property vacant after that full charge applies. however some landlords when full charge kicks in advise their council there is a single "tenant", give a name (ahem) and then get normal bill addressed to the property plus they can then apply and get the 25% single person discount for that "person" living at the property.... Read More


14:56 PM, 23rd March 2020
About 4 months ago

To Let or to keep empty for present time?

well, you could always look for tenants who work for NHS or local authority and find out if they have worked there for 5 years or more. They get full wages for 6m if they go sick after 5 years service, so should be able to pay rent.... Read More


15:40 PM, 31st January 2020
About 5 months ago

Getting deposit back from landlord illegally subletting?

Reply to the comment left by terry sullivan at 31/01/2020 - 10:32
terry, "plod" as you refer to the police was extremely helpful to my friend and she got the money back following a visit from them. I would not tar all police/forces with the same brush and from the viewpoint of the tenant he should try all suggestions put to him.... Read More