Registered with
Tuesday 20th February 2018

Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 11


10:50 AM, 18th June 2020, About A year ago

New Build Contracts?

you mentioned you signed a contract. what type of contract was this? have you paid a deposit or fee with this contract.

i would expect that if there is a contract, an offer, an acceptance and consideration the contract is valid and the seller is in breach.

however the previous comments do have some merit. ultimately it is down to how much you want the house and how hard you want to negotiate/fight for what you have agreed

good luck!... Read More


13:14 PM, 16th June 2020, About A year ago

How should I separate 2 HMOs into individual names?

Would you care to expand on your query. Who is/are the legal owners on the title deed. When you say family member, is this a spouse?

Any transfer of a property asset would be treated as a disposal at current market value unless made between spouses. This could very much have CGT/Stamp Duty implications depending on personal circumstances and values.

It would be wise to take professional advice. The accountant who prepares your yearly personal tax returns would be your first port of call IMO as they will know all your individual circumstances.

Failing that feel free to get in touch with our offices at and we would be happy to provide a no obligation consultation


David... Read More


11:41 AM, 2nd June 2020, About A year ago

Buying house with loft conversion - 2 or 3 bed?

this comes down to how much you want the house and possibly be a bargaining chip to knock a couple of grand off the original offer.

dependent on whether the work was done correctly, a building surveyor should easily ascertain whether the building & loft conversion are structurally sound and if building regs have been complied with you can at any time approach the council to obtain a certificate of lawfulness.

without this certificate your eventual buyer will be in exactly the same position as you are now, having to decide whether they want to go ahead with the purchase or renegotiate or pull out.

In my experience, and as long as the property stacks up from an investment point of view i usually take a pragmatic approach. There are indemnity insurances which cost a few ££ (less than £50) which your solicitor can ask the buyer to pay for.

alternatively to put your mind at rest i would buy through a mortgage to check if property is mortgeable as these things will usually come out from the valuation.

good luck with your purchase... Read More


7:48 AM, 13th September 2019, About 2 years ago

Block insurance leak excess £10,000!

Hi Paul thanks for your comments. Why do you think negligence needs to be demonstrated? Whether negligent or not the damage was caused and somebody has to pay for it. Are you saying the ‘flat downstairs ‘ should just suck it up ?

fault or not on the upstairs leaseholder it still caused the damage and I am of the opinion the flat which caused the leak should pay the damage or am I simply being naive? If this is the case the law is an ass?!... Read More


10:42 AM, 6th September 2019, About 2 years ago

Block insurance leak excess £10,000!

correct, the lesser of the 10K excess or actual costs of works through a claim between leaseholders, in this case the bottom flat suing the top flat.

placing liability is a slam dunk (in my opinion) if you have a surveyor report/several quotes from trade people stating where the leak emanates from? why should it not be easy?... Read More