jenny oldfield

Registered with
Saturday 1st July 2017

Latest Comments

Total Number of Property118 Comments: 1

jenny oldfield

9:22 AM, 1st July 2017, About 4 years ago

Disputes with contractors and eye watering debt collection fee?

hi. you do not have to pay late payment charges if you are not paying because you dispute the claim for money (and you can only have charges claimed where the contract you signed up to allows that (and even then they need to be reasonable) or they are in accordance with the late payment act). If I were you I would get an independent contractor (reputable) to assess the cost of rectification and send the quote to the original contractor and invite him to put right the works. if they don't then get the works done and counterclaim the cost. (All this of course assumes you are correct in your belief the works are incomplete). also look at the mediation services out there ... sometimes better than going to court. hope that helps.... Read More