Housing Benefit and Universal Credit Assistant

Housing Benefit and Universal Credit Assistant

15:49 PM, 9th May 2017, About 5 years ago

Text Size

Caridon Property are a fast growing, award winning property letting and management firm based in Croydon, South London. We own and manage 1000 properties across London and the South East and are looking for hard-working, professional, organised individuals to join our team.

Our business specialises in social housing tenants on Housing Benefit & Universal Credit and we are looking for candidates who can work with us assisting those tenants with Housing Benefit & Universal Credit tenancy sign ups and council chase ups.

Experience in this sector is required. We would also welcome candidates with a legal background. We offer training to support the growth of all our employees.

Duties of the role will include:

  • Assisting tenants with completing Housing Benefit and Universal Credit claims
  • Chasing new claims and liaising with DWP, local authorities and Job Centre
  • Liaise with tenants to complete paperwork and fulfil requirements by the Job Centre / DWP / council
  • Appealing overpayments and applying for underlying entitlements
  • Raising stage 1 complaints to the DWP and councils
  • Registering new AST’s and compiling move-in packs
  • Updating Gemini property management system with tenant details
  • Uploading documents on the system and sending to relevant departments
  • Dealing with tenant queries related to their benefit
  • On-going tenancy support for tenants
  • Ad-hoc requests from management

You will also have an opportunity to attend training courses and learn about the property market

In addition applicants must have the following attributes:

  • Professional and well spoken
  • Empathetic towards tenant circumstances
  • Organised
  • Well presented
  • IT proficient (Knowledge of Microsoft Office and working with database systems)

Working hours

Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm.

Please use the contact form below if you are interested and place a note in the text section.

Contact Sherrelle for offline Universal Credit advice

Sherrelle is an independent consultant and is recommended by Property118 for landlords who require professional advice and assistance in regards to dealing with Universal credit related matters

Landlord Tax Planning Book Now