Emoov in Administration – are you affected?Make Text Bigger
It was announced earlier this week that Emoov have gone into Administration, so if they are your agent under their merger with Urban.co.uk you’re probably considering your options.
The solution we suggest is that you have a chat with LettingSupermarket.com about a special deal they have put together to enable you to trial their service FREE for three months.
You simply hand over the day to day co-ordination of your property rental business to LettingSupermarket.com for three months and they will not charge you a penny.
During the three month trial period LettingSupermarket.com will take over:-
- Rent collection from tenants and remittance of payments to you weekly
- Re-letting your property if your existing tenants serve notice (including viewings, tenant referencing, right to rent checks, producing inventories, tenancy agreements etc. and dealing with all related compliance matters including deposit protection) all at no extra charge
- Dealing with calls from tenants and reporting to you via email
- Contacting contractors to look into any maintenance issues reported by your tenants and obtaining quotes for any necessary remedial works (happy to work with your existing contractors)
- Any other general ‘problem solving’
Please don’t, for one minute, think you will be able to forget about your rental property business.
You will receive emails reporting issues and asking you what you want doing.
- Mr X at xxx Street has reported that he has no hot water, what would you like us to do?
- Your tenant at zzzzzz Road has given notice, would you like us to advertise to re-let or to sell the property?
- Mr and Mrs Z would like to rent zzzzzz Road and are ready to go ahead with referencing. Their credentials are ……………, are you happy for us to proceed?
- Mr and Mrs Y have passed referencing and qualify for Rent Guarantee Insurance and legal fees protection which will cost you £10 a month for 12 months, do you want to buy that?
- The engineer who visited xxx Street has reported that a ….. needs replaying and will cost £xxxx, would you like to proceed with that and deduct the cost from your rent
The beauty of this is that somebody else is doing all the heavy lifting for you. You are simply responding to emails on a daily basis, at a time which is convenient for you.
Naturally, this deal cuts both ways. If you don’t respond to emails within a reasonable period LettingSupermarket.com have the right to end their relationship with you.
You will also need to continue to do your own book-keeping etc. but at the end of your tax year you can even get a full breakdown of all your income and expenditure.
Once you have completed the initial three month FREE trial period described above you will only have to pay 5% of your gross rents received (+ VAT) to extend the service. There are no ‘tie-ins’ whatsoever.
To arrange a telephone call with Chris Sheldon, MD of LettingSupermarket.com please complete the contact form below.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.