Shelter’s Income and expenditure figures highlighted13:57 PM, 4th February 2019
About 2 weeks ago 35
Birmingham is a really exciting city undergoing a massive transformation, not only for those who work and live there, but also for those who are savvy enough to invest early.
– Birmingham had the second fastest growing city centre population from 2002-2015, an increase of 163% (9800 to 25800 people). The popularity of big city centres among young, single professionals is the main factor for the population changes.
– In big cities, more than half of the people living in the centre work in high-skilled professional occupations. The increase in jobs has created a market for gyms, restaurants, bars and shops, which makes city centre living even more appealing.
– According to a recent employment figures from the Office of National Statistics, approximately 100,000 more people are now employed in the West Midlands region than at the same time last year.
– By 2050, Birmingham airport could be serving up to 50 million people annually – five times as many as it did in 2015.
– Birmingham continues to go from strength to strength and has recently been selected to host the Commonwealth Games in 2022, which will be a game changer for the city.
– Birmingham has outperformed the national city average during 2017, achieving a growth rate of 7% against a national average of 4.6% (source: Hometrack.co.uk).
The PIP has teamed up with Prosperity to bring readers three incredible ‘early bird’, off-plan investment opportunities in Birmingham.
Investing at this early stage enables you, to secure a property in a growing and buoyant property market for an initial deposit of only 3% of the property value.
Smithfield Place & Smithfield Square – Luxury 1, 2 & 3 bed apartments, starting from only £159,995.
Smithfield Place and Smithfield Square are located in the Digbeth district of Birmingham, a lively, creative hub on the east side of the city centre. Digbeth is ideally located within easy reach of some of Birmingham’s most iconic amenities; Grand Central Station (10 minute walk), The Bull Ring (10 minute walk) and The Mailbox (15 minute walk). According to local letting agents Martin & Co, these properties will achieve rental yields of up to 6.2%.
Park View – Luxury 1, 2 & 3 bed apartments, starting from only £139,995.
Park View is located in Birmingham’s Eastside, close to Highgate Park. Though not situated within the Masterplan itself, Park View’s close proximity on the outskirts will make it just as desirable a location, having the same amenities nearby as the other premium-priced developments. According to local letting agents Martin & Co, these properties will achieve rental yields of up to 6.4%.
Great reasons to invest:
For further information or assistance please contact us using the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Our mission is to facilitate the sharing of best practice amongst UK landlords, tenants and letting agentsLearn More