Health and safety in the private rented sector for utilities is one of the areas where the rules and regulations frequently change and the penalties can be significant if something goes wrong...
This half day course will inform landlords of their rights and responsibilities and the legislation dealing with these issues. The course will demonstrate the importance of risk assessments, how to manage safety to protect the tenant, landlord and visitors and what actions property professionals should carry out in order to keep within the law.
All landlords, agents and maintenance managers including those with HMOs
- An outline of the general principles associated with health and safety and risk rating. Do you always need to employ a consultant to carry out an assessment? How often should a risk assessment be carried out?
- Details of the impact of the legislation and recent changes under health and safety at work legislation, Building Regulations etc.
- Practical guidance on how to reduce risks and ensure premises are as safe as reasonable practicable for the occupiers and visitors.
- What guidance and best practice documentation are available to assist in complying with the law?
- The risks associated with the supply of gas, electricity and water.
- What if the tenant refuses access?
- What are the common risks associated with gas, electricity and water? Do you need to remove all risks?
- Do all premises need to have an electrical installation, gas equipment and legionella inspection?
- Why have periodic inspection reports been replaced for electrical installations?
- What electrical appliances need to be inspected, how often and by whom?
- Who decides how often inspections should be carried out?
- What does the official guidance on electrical safety, water supply testing etc require?
- Must all work be carried out by certified consultants and contractors?
14-06-2018 @ 9:30 AM
14-06-2018 @ 12:30 PM
£65 (RLA Members) £78 (Non Members)
Park Inn Hotel, ManchesterCheetham Hill Road, Cheetham Hill, Manchester, M4 4EW
Phone: 0161 832 6565
Residential Landlords Association
Phone: 03330 142 998
Get Event Tickets
IMPORTANT NOTE TO PROPERTY118 READERS
The above is an advertisement, it is not a recommendation.
Please note Property118 doesn't do any due diligence on advertised events, the organisers, their speakers or other attendees. If you decide to do business with anybody you meet at any networking event you must do your own due diligence. Property118 cannot be held responsible for your own business decisions.
If you decide to attend the above event please post a review of your experience in the comments section below and let us know whether Property118 was mentioned by the organisers and whether our leaflets were handed out.
Promote Your Events FREE OF CHARGE
Visit Our Events Home Page