AS SAFE AS HOUSES PROPERTY STANDARDS AND SAFETY COURSE
Is your property up to current standards?
The most important legal obligation for the condition of rented properties is not concerned with whether or not your premises are in good repair, but its effect on the health and safety of the occupants and visitors.
Clearly repair is important as legal action may be taken by tenants, but premises which are in good repair can still be death traps and result in prosecution so it is essential to create a safe and healthy environment for your tenants and visitors.
The course will walk you through a typical dwelling, outline the most common rating system issues and how to deal with them. It will outline the law, contained in the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS), and investigate common issues which landlords and agents may fail to consider.
This full day course will provide practical guidance for landlords, agents and property managers on current rental property standards, an outline of the law, what to do if legal action is taken for failures and how to combat common problems to ensure they meet legal responsibilities and obligations.
This course will include the following topics:
- Dampness - rising and penetrating dampness and condensation. The causes, the solutions and where the responsibilities lie for the landlord and tenant, what can be done to reduce its impact and some of the common misconceptions of both tenants and landlords? (For a more detailed insight into dampness see the Condensation and Dampness course)
- Heating and thermal insulation; central heating versus point heating; gas versus electric; double glazing, loft insulation and wall insulation; cost of heating
- Glazing in rented premises, where safety glass must be installed, location and standards for windows; security versus fire exits.
- Security - general, doors and windows; security v fire exit
- An overview of fire, gas, water (including Legionella) and electrical safety (For a more detailed insight into requirements around utility services see our Utilities Outline course)
- Trips and falls.
- Overcrowding and responsibilities
- An outline of how to undertake a Risk Assessment
- What other factors will affect the works which may be necessary and why identical premises may require different works.
- Practical issues and Worked examples.
20-09-2018 @ 9:30 AM
20-09-2018 @ 4:30 PM
£132 (RLA Members) £165 (Non Members)
Park Inn Hotel, ManchesterCheetham Hill Road, Cheetham Hill, Manchester, M4 4EW
Phone: 0161 832 6565
Residential Landlords Association
Phone: 03330 142 998
Get Event Tickets
IMPORTANT NOTE TO PROPERTY118 READERS
The above is an advertisement, it is not a recommendation.
Please note Property118 doesn't do any due diligence on advertised events, the organisers, their speakers or other attendees. If you decide to do business with anybody you meet at any networking event you must do your own due diligence. Property118 cannot be held responsible for your own business decisions.
If you decide to attend the above event please post a review of your experience in the comments section below and let us know whether Property118 was mentioned by the organisers and whether our leaflets were handed out.
Promote Your Events FREE OF CHARGE
Visit Our Events Home Page