If you are letting a property it is crucial to have a legal understanding of the main issues involved. Completing this course will provide the clarification needed for both landlords and agents about the responsibilities and obligations of managing lettings.
The Principles of Lettings course is designed to guide learners through the complete lettings process from start to end of a tenancy, and covers all aspects of tenancy and property management.
Whether you are creating a tenancy, dealing with rent arrears or ensuring the safety of your property, the RLA's Principles of Lettings course will provide you with the required knowledge to ensure that your tenancies are legally compliant.
Suitable for all, from novice landlords to those with vast portfolios who wish to update their knowledge, the course takes you through the key fundamentals of being a landlord both in relation to your property, and your tenants.
As a requirement for RLAAS accreditation, the course will also include an optional assessment which underpins the day's learning. Upon successfully passing the assessment you will qualify for 5 core CPD points as defined by RLAAS.
The course content reflects the current Deregulation Act 2015
for properties in England only, currently there are no changes for properties in Wales; please see the RLA Wales website
- Pre-tenancy including EPCs, tax, insurance and accreditation
- Responsibilities and liabilities of a landlord/letting agent including tenancy agreements, HHSRS, gas safety, HMOs and licensing
- Property standards including HHSRS, repairs, dampness and risk assessments
- Setting up a tenancy including types of tenancy, agreements, deposit and rent setting
- During the tenancy including periodic visits, tenant obligations, entry/refusal and anti-social behaviour
- Ending a tenancy including continuing tenancy, tenant wants to leave, landlord wants tenant to leave, possession and eviction
- You will understand your legal obligations as a landlord throughout the entire lettings process
- You will be confident in knowing what is required to comply with the various obligations you have
- You will be fully aware of the consistent steps you will need to take as you move into each stage of the tenancy lifecycle
This course is suitable for
- New landlords
- Accidental landlords
- Established landlords who wish to refresh their knowledge
- Landlords requiring CPD points for accreditation
- If you are an agent, please see Agents Guide to Lettings
The Principles of Lettings course is designed to meet and follow ANUK standards. Attending the Principles of Lettings course will give you 5 basic CPD points. However, by successfully completing the assessment these will be upgraded to 5 core CPD points. These core points can be used towards accreditation with RLAAS. A certificate of attendance will be issued to all attendees.
16-08-2018 @ 9:30 AM
16-08-2018 @ 4:30 PM
£112 (RLA Members) £140 (Non Members)
Mercure Hotel London Bridge71-79 Southwark Street, London, London, SE1 0JA
Phone: 020 7660 0683
Residential Landlords Association
Phone: 03330 142 998
Get Event Tickets
IMPORTANT NOTE TO PROPERTY118 READERS
The above is an advertisement, it is not a recommendation.
Please note Property118 doesn't do any due diligence on advertised events, the organisers, their speakers or other attendees. If you decide to do business with anybody you meet at any networking event you must do your own due diligence. Property118 cannot be held responsible for your own business decisions.
If you decide to attend the above event please post a review of your experience in the comments section below and let us know whether Property118 was mentioned by the organisers and whether our leaflets were handed out.
Promote Your Events FREE OF CHARGE
Visit Our Events Home Page