Mark Smith (Barrister-At-Law) – Partners in Property Mastermind Session- July 10th 2020Make Text Bigger
Our Hon. Legal Counsel, Mark Smith, Head of Chambers at Cotswold Barristers will be asking if you are you paying too much tax on your property rental business and presenting a Mastermind session on tax-efficient structures for your business.
- The Partners in Property online meeting will start at 9:30am Friday the 10th July until 3:30pm
- Mark Smith will be presenting at at 11:00 am and again at the Mastermind session for 1:30pm
Incorporating without refinancing and other taxation strategies – Mark Smith
- Are you a hands-on landlord looking to counter the effects of loss of finance cost relief?
- Do you want to get your business into a company structure without having to refinance your current lending?
- Do you want to pass on as much of your business as you can whilst minimising the effects of IHT?
- Do you want to maximise your personal tax allowances?
- If you are a property rental business, working 20 hours or more in an average week, and sharing income and expenses in common with another (eg spouse) then you could well be eligible for incorporation into a limited company, without having to refinance your current lending and with rollover relief on capital gains and exemptions from Stamp Duty. This would give your business full relief from finance costs, as well as a whole range of other opportunities for equity release, income maximisation and succession planning.
- Mark Smith is a barrister well-known in the private rented sector. He led the legal team that recovered £27million of unlawfully charged mortgage interest from West Bromwich Building Society in 2016 on behalf of 6200 landlords (Mark Alexander v West Bromwich).
- In association with Property118, he has designed robust strategies to allow rental businesses to incorporate without refinancing, and hundreds of businesses have successfully done so to date from November 2015.
10-07-2020 @ 9:30 AM
10-07-2020 @ 3:30 PM
Online Event, , ,
Partners in Property
Get Event Tickets
IMPORTANT NOTE TO PROPERTY118 READERS
The above is an advertisement, it is not a recommendation.
Please note Property118 doesn't do any due diligence on advertised events, the organisers, their speakers or other attendees. If you decide to do business with anybody you meet at any networking event you must do your own due diligence. Property118 cannot be held responsible for your own business decisions.
If you decide to attend the above event please post a review of your experience in the comments section below and let us know whether Property118 was mentioned by the organisers and whether our leaflets were handed out.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.