Failure to keep up to date with changes to the law, rules and regulations affecting the private rented sector can have serious consequences. Keeping up to date can be problematic as the number of changes accelerates and are being introduced in a piecemeal manner. The significant changes restricting the use of Section 21, amendments to the rent deposit legislation, immigration checks and requirements for smoke and carbon monoxide alarms have been extensively reported, but many other issues are not as well-known. It is important that you are aware of all the important changes.
This half day course will inform attendees of changes to their rights and responsibilities and highlight the legislative and Court rulings which have brought about the changes. The course will concentrate on changes to the law covering landlord-tenancy issues and property standards and the actions property professionals should take to keep within the law.
All landlords, agents and property managers.
- An outline of the changes to the rules restricting the use of Section 21, an explanation of the restrictions imposed on its use, how to avoid the restrictions and reduce any impact.
- The amendments to the rules governing the taking of rent deposits.
- Recent and proposed changes to the law affecting the terms and conditions applying to tenancy agreements and landlord-agent contracts.
- Proposed banning orders, mandatory licensing of houses in multiple occupation, and abandonment rule changes.
- Outline of the Immigration Act (and Bill) and its implications.
- Outline of financial changes
- Changes under health and safety and building control legislation.
- Smoke and carbon monoxide requirements.
- What guidance and best practice documentation is available to assist in complying with the law.
- An update on requirements covering the supply of gas, electricity and water (and legionella control).
- Amendments to Council rules when setting up a discretionary licensing scheme.
18-09-2018 @ 9:30 AM
18-09-2018 @ 4:30 PM
£132 (RLA Members) £165 (Non Members)
Jurys Inn Sheffield119 Eyre Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 4QW
Residential Landlords Association
Phone: 03330 142 998
Get Event Tickets
IMPORTANT NOTE TO PROPERTY118 READERS
The above is an advertisement, it is not a recommendation.
Please note Property118 doesn't do any due diligence on advertised events, the organisers, their speakers or other attendees. If you decide to do business with anybody you meet at any networking event you must do your own due diligence. Property118 cannot be held responsible for your own business decisions.
If you decide to attend the above event please post a review of your experience in the comments section below and let us know whether Property118 was mentioned by the organisers and whether our leaflets were handed out.
Promote Your Events FREE OF CHARGE
Visit Our Events Home Page