Condensation and DampnessMake Text Bigger
ObjectivesThis half day course will provide practical guidance for landlords, agents and property managers on causes of dampness and condensation, an outline of the law, what action can be taken against the landlord and/or tenants, and how to remove or reduce its occurrence. The course will provide guidance on what actions a landlord should take to reduce the risk of legal action for condensation and what advice to give to tenants.
Course ContentThis course will include the following:
- The different types of Dampness - rising, penetrating dampness, hygroscopic salts and condensation.
- How to identify the different types and causes.
- The common causes and the solutions.
- The law affecting dampness and condensation;
- what action is available to tenants
- what legal action can be taken against landlords and agents
- what impact the recent restrictions on the use of section 21 is likely to have regarding dampness complaints
- What are the responsibilities and obligations of the landlord, agent and tenant?
- How to reduce its impact and some of the common misconceptions that both tenants and landlords have regarding condensation?
- The importance of heating, ventilation and thermal insulation;
- central heating versus point heating
- gas versus electric
- double glazing, loft insulation and wall insulation
- impact of cost of heating
- Practical issues and worked examples.
11-10-2018 @ 1:30 PM
11-10-2018 @ 4:30 PM
£70 (RLA Members) £84 (Non Members)
Mercure Hotel London Bridge71-79 Southwark Street, London, London, SE1 0JA
Residential Landlords Association
Get Event Tickets
IMPORTANT NOTE TO PROPERTY118 READERS
The above is an advertisement, it is not a recommendation.
Please note Property118 doesn't do any due diligence on advertised events, the organisers, their speakers or other attendees. If you decide to do business with anybody you meet at any networking event you must do your own due diligence. Property118 cannot be held responsible for your own business decisions.
If you decide to attend the above event please post a review of your experience in the comments section below and let us know whether Property118 was mentioned by the organisers and whether our leaflets were handed out.
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.