- This event has passed.
Housing Law Updates (Agents)Make Text Bigger
Agents are placed with a great deal of responsibility from their landlords; to effectively manage their investment, protect their asset and build good working relationships. Many agents are aware of the basics of lettings, however it is crucial to keep up to date with changes in legislation to avoid potential financial penalties and loss of trust. The last 2 years have seen significant change in the private sector which looks set to continue throughout the next few years.
This course is delivered by a successful landlord who for the last 5 years, has run her own letting agency. She was formally a tenant’s rights adviser, so has first-hand experience of juggling the needs of tenants with those of landlord clients.
The below is indicative of content but as a workshop style course content may be tailored to suit the audience:
- Banning of agency fees, client money protection, redress schemes and good agency practice
- Proposed changes to mandatory HMO, fit and proper person test and how this impacts on agents
- Housing and Planning Act changes including banning order, rogue landlord database, abandonment procedure, changes to electrical safety
- Overview of recent changes to S21 rules and retaliatory evictions
- Overview of Immigration and Right to Rent checks
Park Inn Hotel, Manchester
Cheetham Hill Road
Cheetham Hill, Manchester M4 4EW United Kingdom Phone: 0161 832 6565
Please Log-In OR Become a member to reply to comments or subscribe to new comment notifications.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO PROPERTY118 READERS
The above is an advertisement, it is not a recommendation.
Please note Property118 doesn't do any due diligence on advertised events, the organisers, their speakers or other attendees. If you decide to do business with anybody you meet at any networking event you must do your own due diligence. Property118 cannot be held responsible for your own business decisions.
If you decide to attend the above event please post a review of your experience in the comments section below and let us know whether Property118 was mentioned by the organisers and whether our leaflets were handed out.