Contents insurance needed on exchange or completion?

Readers Question - Published on 05/06/2013
View Member Profile

Contents insurance needed on exchange or completionI’m about to exchange contracts on 2 buy-to-let properties next week to add to the property I already own and rent out.

According to the Citizen Advice website “You should make sure that buildings insurance is arranged from the date of exchange, because once contracts have been exchanged you are responsible for the property.” 

Both flats have buildings insurance already in place paid for by the management company.

My question is in relation to contents insurance.

Do I need to purchase specialist landlord contents insurance on exchange or on completion?


Stephen Fitzgibbon




Profile has been updated! Click here to view


Share with your friends?

Please share this article via one or more of the following social networks

facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditlinkedin ×

Sorry. You must be logged in to view this form.