Consultation Testimonials

by Mark Alexander

15:49 PM, 18th December 2013

Consultation Testimonials

Consultation Testimonials

After nearly 30 years in the business of property, finance, tax and law my wife and I relocated to the wonderful Mediterranean Island of Malta back in February 2016. I now dedicate a few hours each day to providing mainly online consultancy via email and video conferencing. This enables me to engage with some incredibly dynamic people and provides me with a sense of achievement when I help them to solve their problems and/or guide them towards their goals. I also learn something new every day because nobody has a Monopoly on best practice and good ideas.

If you are a regular reader of Property118.com then you will understand the value of my experience. If not, please feel free to have a wander around this website, peruse my Linkedin profile, read the testimonials posted in the comments section below and then come back to this page when the time is right for you.

You might not actually require one to one consultancy. Why not visit our Landlord Tax Planning section or some of the other sections of this website via the Navigation bar at the top of each page? If you can’t find the answer there and you don’t mind asking your question on a public forum you could create a discussion thread That service runs exclusively on donations.

Show Form To Book A Tax Planning Consultation

Form To Book A Tax Planning Consultation

Consultations include new client compliance checks, fact find via email with complimentary software, expert analysis, a detailed written report and recommendations and a recorded video conference with your Property118 Consultant and our Hon. Legal Counsel, which your existing advisers are welcome to participate in. All consultations are confidential and you will be provided with a copy of the recording of the video conference. We GUARANTEE total satisfaction or a full refund.
  • Please provide an overview of your circumstances and what you are looking to achieve.

Please see testimonials posted in the comments section below.

Comments

David Humphris

14:27 PM, 17th October 2019
About 7 months ago

For what seemed to be a good idea several years ago I bought properties either as a sole trader or in conjunction with family members or within a limited company. When considering incorporation Mark Alexander showed great skill and patience in dealing with the many conflicting issues that this arrangement had created. Mark's final analysis was that at this present time incorporation was not financially the best option for us. Maybe later but not now. Putting his client's interests before that of his own was more than highly commendable. Thank you Mark.

Design Studio123

1:00 AM, 26th October 2019
About 7 months ago

I had a great Advice session from Mark Alexander and Mark Smith. They are clearly exceptionally knowledgable and in the law and taxation of property. Extremely impressive. I will be definitely ploughing ahead with my plans after our discussions.

Keith Mason

16:11 PM, 14th February 2020
About 4 months ago

We have just started the process of incorporating the property portfolio that my wife and I have built up and held as a partnership. I am impressed with the professional advice and support from Mark Alexander at property 118.com and Mark Smith at Cotswold Tax Barristers. The initial review, subsequent video conf call and all of our questions along the way have been dealt with professionally, quickly and very knowledgeably. The incorporation of our BTL property partnership will greatly improve our future tax position and also allow us to reassess and streamline the properties held without incurring CGT costs. We also intend to include inheritance tax planning as part of this process to ensure that our investments are structured in the most efficient way for our family going forwards.
From our experience so far, we would certainly recommend their approach to anyone who needs good sound advice on this subject.

CoolerUK

10:53 AM, 24th February 2020
About 3 months ago

We incorporated our property partnerships with Mark Alexander and Mark Smith. In initial consultations with Mark, 2 things stood out to me very clearly. He knows the HMRC guidelines and official manuals inside and out. It was quite impressive to behold. The other thing that stood out to me is that he put our personal priorities ahead of his own. This is actually what won him our business. Normally you see a money grabbing agenda among BTL "product sellers" but Mark on several occasions consciously put our business interests before his own.

The planning is expensive, no doubt about that, and given the legal delicacy it ought not to be done cheaply. But done correctly it pays itself off several fold over the long term.

If you seek advice from Mark you will get an extremely accurate and well-referenced report from him, combined with the integrity of genuinely trying to achieve what is the best thing for you.

David

16:09 PM, 8th April 2020
About 2 months ago

Having incorporated nearly a year ago, I just wanted to congratulate P118 and their support team for their on-going advice regarding post-incorporation matters such as ATED & re-financing. It's reassuring to know their follow up service doesn't drop off a cliff once the ink is dry !

Dave

8:16 AM, 12th April 2020
About 2 months ago

I have just incorporated as a result of the advice of Property118 and the team at Cotswold Barristers. This is the first time in three years that I have not had the cloud of Section 24 hanging over me. The cost of incorporation will be returned to me in the savings on CGT when I sell a property next year. The benefits of securing the longevity of the portfolio, with the reduced necessity to redeem mortgages, made this decision a "no brainer" for me. The help, guidance and support offered by Mark and the team was fantastic and I can fully recommend their services. Thank you.

Keith Mason

19:42 PM, 14th April 2020
About 2 months ago

We have just incorporated our property portfolio with the expertise of Property 118 and Cotswold Barristers. Excellent solution and a no brainer. We are also using their expertise for our IHT planning and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

ZCJV

10:47 AM, 16th April 2020
About a month ago

I can’t recommend enough a tax consultation with Mark Alexander and his team at property118.com.

I have been so impressed and grateful for the continued care and guidance I have received over the last 3 years since my initial tax consultation from Mark and his team at Property118.

Even in these very difficult times all my enquires and questions have been answered straight away and Mark A has always made himself and his team available at all times. No matter where in the world he happens to be.

Everybody’s circumstances will be different and unique and so the advice and guidance given will also be. My particular position was very complicated as a non UK resident property investor of some 20 years there were many moving parts and complicated scenarios that Mark and his team dealt with brilliantly.

On the 6th of April 2020 I celebrated the new tax year as a share holder in my family investment company and was able to benefit from some of the most clever and innovative tax planning I ever thought possible. Mark’s advice has set my company and its shareholders, my family, on a fantastic foundation for the future and we will be forever grateful for all the help and guidance we have received.

I am delighted to have achieved the incorporation of the business for several reasons.

Using Mark Smith’s legal framework I did not need to refinance all my existing mortgages and am able to keep some of the best variable rate tracker mortgages.

As an incorporated Ltd. company, my business is no longer subject to the punishing section 24 restrictions on the loss of tax relief for finance costs introduced by George Osborne.

As a company of which all members of my immediate family are shareholders I am now able to plan for succession in ways I would not otherwise have been able to and ensure the future of the business.

As a company, the equity I have built up in the portfolio over the many years by not over borrowing has been rewarded by being converted into a substantial Directors loan account and share equity in the business. We can draw Monday from the directors loan tax free as it’s a debt not equity. An amazing tax planning opportunity I was not even aware existed.

The value of the properties now within the company has been raised to the current market valuations. This gives me the freedom to adjust the portfolio without being subject to capital gains tax and reinvest the funds into more profitable properties if I choose too.

At a time when unprecedented amounts of government money is being spent on keeping the economy alive, this will lead to inevitable future personal tax increases which will not affect companies in the same way as individuals. This is because the UK will need to maintain a competitive advantage internationally and attract inward investment to help the economy grow in the future.

The company is UK based and subject to UK tax regardless of where me or my family choose to live. This gives us the flexibility to live where we choose without affecting the company or its investments.

These and more advantages together with the help and support offered by Mark and the team now put our family business on a much more secure and safe foundation from which to grow and prosper even in these very difficult times.

I can’t recommend a tax consultation with Mark Alexander enough. He is living the dream and has the capacity to understand your personal situation and help you in ways you probably didn’t even think possible.

Without a doubt the best money I have ever spent on tax planning and advice.

What have you got to loose???

George Campbell

18:39 PM, 16th April 2020
About a month ago

I would like to say as a portfolio landlord , I had a tax consultation with Mark Alexander. It opened a whole new world with his knowledge, enthusiasm and attention to detail . Mark is extremely quick to reply to any queries.

I formed a partnership four years ago, then incorporated in April 2020. As a result of this I saved a considerable amount of LBTT and capital gains tax. The recommended strucure has allowed me to keep existing mortgages until such time as it becomes more beneficial for me to refinance. I also urestructured the financing of my business whilst it was a partnership to withdraw capital, which I subsequently loaned to the company after incorporation. This directors loan is now available to me to draw money out of the company without having to declare dividends or pay myself a salary.

My inheritance tax problem on future appreciation in property values was sorted using freezer shares and a discretionary trust which will keep my legacy within my bloodline.

I must thanks Mark for his inspiration ,knowledge and always having time for me.

Thanks again

Take care

George

Parm Lal

17:07 PM, 7th May 2020
About 3 weeks ago

Section 24 changed everything for us.
As portfolio landlords with one partner being a high rate tax payer the future didn’t look to good with the introduction of the tax changes.
I knew we had to plan for this but it was really difficult to find someone who understood the challenges and could advise a way forward that would suit our circumstances.
Having spent a lot of time researching I decided that P118 were going to be the best team to advise us, so I arranged the first consultation.
Since then we have now incorporated the rental business and I can sincerely say using the P118 team to do this was the best decision I have made to date.
I have already recommended them to several colleagues and will continue to do so going forward.

1 10 11 12

Incorporating your property portfolio without having to refinance

Incorporating your property portfolio without having to refinance

Landlord Incorporation Strategies – Update for 2020

Landlord Incorporation Strategies – Update for 2020

Capital Account Restructure – Case Study

Capital Account Restructure – Case Study

What Does “Washing Out CGT On Incorporation” Actually Mean?

What Does “Washing Out CGT On Incorporation” Actually Mean?

Stamp Duty when transferring the ‘whole business’ of a Partnership into a Limited Company

Software to analyse the viability of transferring a property rental business into a Limited Company

Inheritance tax and legacy planning for property company owners

Inheritance tax and legacy planning for property company owners

HMRC Internal Manuals ‘Landlord Incorporation’

HMRC Internal Manuals ‘Landlord Incorporation’

On-demand webinar explaining the uses of Limited Liability Partnerships “LLP’s” for landlord tax planning

Guide for landlords on forming an LLP for property investment

Guide for landlords on forming an LLP for property investment

LLP structure reduces landlords tax bill by 85% – CASE STUDY

LLP structure reduces landlords tax bill by 85% – CASE STUDY

Partnership taxation and associated rules

Partnership taxation and associated rules

Business continuity and succession planning for landlords

Business continuity and succession planning for landlords

Property valuations for tax planning purposes cost just £19.95 each

Property valuations for tax planning purposes cost just £19.95 each

Hybrid Tax Structure – Landlords BEWARE!

Hybrid Tax Structure – Landlords BEWARE!

Tax Planning Bodge Jobs – Limited Liability Partnerships “LLP’s”

Tax Planning Bodge Jobs – Limited Liability Partnerships “LLP’s”

Landlords Tax Planning Bodge Jobs – inter company lending

Landlords Tax Planning Bodge Jobs – inter company lending

Book A Consultation

Book A Consultation

A Landlord’s Tax Planning Disaster

A Landlord’s Tax Planning Disaster

Just say NO to tax avoidance “schemes”

Just say NO to tax avoidance “schemes”

Using a property investment LLP for school fees planning purposes